Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Special kind of bar chart - possible in BIRT?
Special kind of bar chart - possible in BIRT? [message #1392529] Wed, 02 July 2014 13:19 Go to next message
David Mordigal is currently offline David MordigalFriend
So, I have a kind of "customized bar chart" here. Forgive my lack of drawing skills, I just slapped this together in MS Paint.

http://i.imgur.com/DyKvOfr.png

The idea is that we have a patient who is on a certain medication. The chart has the following attributes:

- Each black line represents a visit date (so, the horizontal axis is a date series).
- The chart should have a unique indicator for start date, end date, and when the patient paused and resumed taking the medication.
- Each visit date (black line) should have a dosage amount attached to it. This does not have to be a symbol, it can be a value (e.g., 2400mg, 4800, etc).

It's sort of a cross between a Gantt chart and a bar chart, but is neither of the two specifically. There are start and end dates, with a bar-like representation across a time period, but there could be potential gaps between pause and resume dates as well.

Is a chart like this even possible in BIRT, or does it require advanced customization?

Let me know if you need anything clarified.
Re: Special kind of bar chart - possible in BIRT? [message #1396110 is a reply to message #1392529] Mon, 07 July 2014 22:14 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Could you show some data how it comes in, either a small sample in plain text or a flat file of sample data so I can test it out to see what the best way to go about it is.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:NPE when added chart
Next Topic:get list while manual typing in combobox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:05:08 GMT 2024