Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Weird error when importing package
Weird error when importing package [message #1391110] Mon, 30 June 2014 13:07 Go to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
Messages: 124
Registered: October 2013
Senior Member
Hi!!

When I try to import an otherwise apparently healthy package (my biiiig mother-model...) to a smaller new project for reuse of some objects, I get the error shown in the attached dialog in Luna (Papyrus build 1.0.0v201406111317), but not in the latest Eclipse build.

I have had three of these so far, the first I could fix by deleting the the association that the problem seems to come from.

The log file does not register any problems, which is weird (the log file is also unnamed, perhaps another issue?)

IS this something known or should I log a bug in Bugzilla?

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist

Re: Weird error when importing package [message #1393239 is a reply to message #1391110] Thu, 03 July 2014 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian W. Damus is currently offline Christian W. DamusFriend
Messages: 909
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi, Tomas,

This error message indicates an ill-formed XMI serialization in your
model, which evidently has a reference to a Property where a reference
to an object of some other (incompatible) metaclass is expected.

If you put a breakpoint in the IllegalValueException constructor,
you'll be able to see which EReference of which EObject in your model
has this problem, then you can fix it in the *.uml resource with a text
editor.

Out of curiosity, how was this UML model created? With which tool?

HTH,

Christian

P.S. Eclipse uses the ".log" filename deliberately, so that is not a
bug. Perhaps this was intended to hide the log file from view on Mac
and Linux platforms, which works, but is redundant because the
..metadata/ folder itself is hidden in the same way ...


On 2014-06-30 13:07:22 +0000, Tomas Sandkvist said:

> Hi!!
>
> When I try to import an otherwise apparently healthy package (my biiiig
> mother-model...) to a smaller new project for reuse of some objects, I
> get the error shown in the attached dialog in Luna (Papyrus build
> 1.0.0v201406111317), but not in the latest Eclipse build.
>
> I have had three of these so far, the first I could fix by deleting the
> the association that the problem seems to come from.
>
> The log file does not register any problems, which is weird (the log
> file is also unnamed, perhaps another issue?)
>
> IS this something known or should I log a bug in Bugzilla?
>
> Regards,
> Tomas Sandkvist
>
>
> <image>
> <image>
Re: Weird error when importing package [message #1393677 is a reply to message #1393239] Fri, 04 July 2014 05:33 Go to previous message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
Messages: 124
Registered: October 2013
Senior Member
Hi Christian!

I began work on this model (actually a SysML model, not UML) in the winter 2013/2014, so I guess my initial work is from the 0.92 release. I followed the upgrade cycle and have used the 0.10.2 (SR2b) release, with an additional fix done by Camille that ended up in a nightly build, up until the release of Papyrus 1.0.

I have gotten some weird dialogs from time to other, stating that my edit would violate the integrity of the model (the second time I tried the dialog was not shown), but I didn't relate that to anything but something that hopefully would change in version 1.0.

The import error does not occur in build 0.10.2v201403040623, but if I try to open the .uml file, the model does indicate the problem.

Setting a breakpoint in a constructor? I have not a faintest idea on how to do that (remember I'm no software guy). I'm afraid that is far beyond my current knowledge on Papyrus modeling and Eclipse, so I would need som MAJOR guidance (couldn't find any suitable information in the on-line help either) for that.

[EDIT] Perhaps I found the problem, by using the possibility to add markers in the .uml file and opening it in a text editor in Eclipse, I found that the errors where coming from where I had (mistakenly) applied the same profile while having that part of the model as a submodel, as already applied to the parent model. After removing all such instances, it appears as if I no longer receive the error.

Regards,
Tomas

[Updated on: Fri, 04 July 2014 07:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Traverse model explorer
Next Topic:"Unreferenceable element" error
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Mar 31 17:03:47 GMT 2015

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04000 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software