Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » connection edit part not hiding
connection edit part not hiding [message #244010] Thu, 03 July 2008 05:22 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: shady_86.sify.com

hello ....

i have set my ConnectionLayer's router as FanRouter,
i want that when i bring an object over the connection edit part the object will hide the connection edit part,

how this can be done?..,
Re: connection edit part not hiding [message #244104 is a reply to message #244010] Sat, 05 July 2008 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

do any one know the method of doing the above stated?

is this because of the connection layer somewhere set to be the top most layer or somehting?

please give some hints so that i can atleast start searching for it..,
Re: connection edit part not hiding [message #244109 is a reply to message #244010] Sat, 05 July 2008 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

after searching in the news group i found this thread

http://www.eclipsezone.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=9193 0200&#91930200

its all because of the ConnectionLayer been added in the layered pane list after the primary layer.

is it possible to put the connection layer on top of our figures?
i mean something like making the layer local but not global..,
Re: connection edit part not hiding [message #244122 is a reply to message #244010] Sun, 06 July 2008 11:44 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

well in the end at last i managed to solve the problem... :)

1. never remove or change the layer or order of the layer from your root edit part or else the gray temporary figures will throw exception.

2. you will have to override the getLayer methods of the AbstractGraphicalEditPart in your connection edit part and your container edit part

3. add a new ConnectionLayer in your container edit part figure and let it be passed by the getLayer, so that the connection edit part will be added to the custom connection layer.

this will solve the problem, similar practice can be done for other layers also.

i feel that <b>GEF should provide some mechanism</b> for the above type of problem..,
Previous Topic:Dynamic tabbed properties view- documentation or sample code?
Next Topic:Two editors on one model - Unable to change the model in one of them
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 14:02:08 GMT 2024