Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to display the x-coordinate of a point on a plot?
How to display the x-coordinate of a point on a plot? [message #1389206] Fri, 27 June 2014 13:38 Go to next message
David Mordigal is currently offline David MordigalFriend
I am trying to design a report model in BIRT in which there are several date/time series charts that share the same x-axis (multiple charts that correspond to the same date, but each have their own independent y-axis definition).

To establish that they all follow the same x-axis, I was thinking of making a separate chart at the top with only the x-axis showing. However, I need the actual dates themselves to be displayed, not a range with increments that the axis labels usually have.

I can generate a chart that looks like a datetime series with the points themselves, but I don't know how to extract the actual x-coordinate out of the point. Is there a way to access and display that value?

Here's an example of what I mean (can't post a direct link because I haven't posted enough yet on the forums):

i [dot] imgur [dot] com/Y1oFxEb.png

What I'm trying to do is extract the x-coordinate (i.e., the date itself) from the point and use that as the x-axis label, instead of the range of dates with ticks at fixed increments.

Is this possible?
Re: How to display the x-coordinate of a point on a plot? [message #1389240 is a reply to message #1389206] Fri, 27 June 2014 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

So, you would like to have a chart that displays the actual dates of each point in the x-axis rather than the range shown in the image linked above? Let me know.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: How to display the x-coordinate of a point on a plot? [message #1389245 is a reply to message #1389240] Fri, 27 June 2014 14:37 Go to previous message
David Mordigal is currently offline David MordigalFriend
Yes, that is my goal. Is there a somewhat straightforward way of doing that, or does it take some scripting?
Previous Topic:BIRT version supporting ADA compliance
Next Topic:preview report using url parameter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:38:37 GMT 2024