Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » preview report using url parameter
preview report using url parameter [message #1389062] Fri, 27 June 2014 09:16 Go to next message
José Litux is currently offline José LituxFriend
Hi

I've got a report that requested 2 parameters. The first one is a common combo box, but the second is a url parameter.

Sadly, when doing preview, report fails ("Required parameter url_token is not set")

How can I test a report when a parameter sent via URL is needed?

Thanks in advance
Re: preview report using url parameter [message #1389246 is a reply to message #1389062] Fri, 27 June 2014 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Have you tried setting a default value for the parameter? Maybe I'm not understanding the issue.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: preview report using url parameter [message #1389363 is a reply to message #1389246] Fri, 27 June 2014 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
José Litux is currently offline José LituxFriend
yes, setting a default value would work, but then I'm afraid of forgetting to remove it prior to moving report to production and this parameter is for security and credentials purpose.

I pass the user as a parameter on URL token and ask later for password.

Thanks
Re: preview report using url parameter [message #1389597 is a reply to message #1389363] Sat, 28 June 2014 02:48 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

You could make the parameter visible for your testing. Or you could use an external browser (change report design -> preview option in preferences) which would allow you to modify the url in the browser and rerun the report.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:How to display the x-coordinate of a point on a plot?
Next Topic:Remove the default value "All" in parameter listbox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:55:16 GMT 2024