Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Cryptic error messages(Just what are "infos"?)
Cryptic error messages [message #1386358] Tue, 17 June 2014 01:27 Go to next message
Lamoid F. LLurbybabbin is currently offline Lamoid F. LLurbybabbinFriend
OK. So,

When I try to build a particular program using Eclispe Kepler SR2 with G++ 4.8.1 on Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS, I get 37 entries under the heading "infos" which I take to mean informative statements about the code. All of them are about Boost 1.55.0. Here's an example:

. in expansion of macro 'BOOST_CONCEPT_ASSERT_FN'
. line 44, external location: /usr/local/boost_1_55_0/boost/concept/assert.hpp
. ContinuousControl-Debug@build
. C/C++ Problem

What what is it exactly about "in expansion of macro 'BOOST_CONCEPT_ASSERT_FN'"?

I have looked up both "info" and "infos" in the eclipse documentation. The only thing I could find was a screen shot of a Problems panel and a description of the icon "i" reading: "information" Well duh!

Anybody know what the message means?

Some sort of error, I suppose. But, it is Boost 1.55.5, for crying out loud! I presume that that package has been well vetted.

I know this is free software and I do appreciate it very much, but the documentation is dismal -- singularly unhelpful.

LFL
Re: Cryptic error messages [message #1386566 is a reply to message #1386358] Wed, 18 June 2014 09:33 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
The info message comes from the compiler. The Problem View in Eclipse just sorts out the error, warning and info messages from the compiler. Most times the info message accompanies an error or warning. In this case it is easier to have a look at it in the build console.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:source code
Next Topic:index ignores my .cpp, no matter what
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:18:24 GMT 2024