Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Explicit Intent Problem
Explicit Intent Problem [message #1385062] Wed, 04 June 2014 06:52 Go to next message
SMR SKL is currently offline SMR SKLFriend
As I am new to Android,and I am still working on Lynda Tutorials,I've been stuck on Explicit Intent tutorial.

The tutorial purpose is to create an edit text with a button next to it,then you enter some text in the EditText and click the button,so you go to another activity showing you the text that you have entered.

I've followed the tutorial step by step,and as a final result,I got the first screen working perfect in the emulator (I can see the EditText and the Button) ,so I enter some text and then click the button.What happens is that I am transferred to the next activity but without the TEXT appearing on the screen!!

You can take a look at the codes:

1) MainActivity Java Code:
index.php/fa/18197/0/

2) Second Activity Java Code:

index.php/fa/18198/0/

3) Main XML :

index.php/fa/18199/0/

4) Second Activity XML:
index.php/fa/18200/0/

5) Android Mainfest File:

index.php/fa/18201/0/

End of Codes

This is my first contribution here and I hope that I can find some help from you guys Smile

Thanks!
Re: Explicit Intent Problem [message #1385132 is a reply to message #1385062] Wed, 04 June 2014 13:59 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Didn't you see the ANNOUNCEMENT at the top of this forum, titled: Trouble with Android Development Tools (ADT) or questions about Android programming? READ THIS FIRST
Previous Topic:compiling
Next Topic:Includes & Symbols tabs under Paths and Symbols settings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:40:16 GMT 2024