Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Goodies from o.e.ui.workbench
Goodies from o.e.ui.workbench [message #1384827] Mon, 02 June 2014 11:29 Go to next message
Velganesh Subramanian is currently offline Velganesh SubramanianFriend
Several classes in org.eclipse.ui.dialogs package of o.e.ui.workbench plugin are reusable in E4 RCP too. CheckedTreeSelectionDialog, FilteredTree, ListSelectionDialog to name a few. I read in one of the posts that E4 RCP should not include org.eclipse.ui and org.eclipse.ui.workbench plug-ins. Unfortunately o.e.e4.ui.workbench does not have all such goodies. These can be moved to JFace but there are few dependencies to PlatformUI class.

Is there a plan to migrate these classes also or it is no longer available for pure E4 RCP applications?
Re: Goodies from o.e.ui.workbench [message #1385095 is a reply to message #1384827] Wed, 04 June 2014 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o.e.ui.workbench does not depend on org.eclipse.ui. Does this mean that we can safely used it in E4 RCP?
Re: Goodies from o.e.ui.workbench [message #1385226 is a reply to message #1385095] Thu, 05 June 2014 04:42 Go to previous message
I decided not to use o.e.ui.workbench as it has IViewPart and so many other legacy stuff. Let me file a bug in JFace to see if classes like FilteredTree can be safely moved from o.e.ui.workbench.
Previous Topic:bug in PartRenderingEngine???
Next Topic:IHandlerService with Compatibility-Layer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:53:35 GMT 2024