Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Problem directly after installation
Problem directly after installation [message #1384668] Fri, 30 May 2014 07:45 Go to next message
Tim Schwalbe is currently offline Tim SchwalbeFriend
Hey guys,

I just download Eclipse Scout from here: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

Nothing special..
But when i create a new simple project, there are some failures.

The method start(BundleContext) of type Activator must override a superclass method

The method start(IApplicationContext) of type ServerApplication must override a superclass method

and in some other classes is the same problem.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 May 2014 09:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem directly after installation [message #1384687 is a reply to message #1384668] Fri, 30 May 2014 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After deleting the @override annotations everything works fine, but iam not sure this will make problems later.
I hope anyone knows anything about this. On another machine everything works fine Sad
Re: Problem directly after installation [message #1384692 is a reply to message #1384687] Fri, 30 May 2014 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

I solved the problem with the help of this thread:
Can´t post because:You can only use links to eclipse.org sites while you have fewer than 5 messages.
That was stupid Very Happy

Using the @Override annotation on methods that implement those declared by an interface is only valid from Java 6 onward. It's an error in Java 5.

Make sure that your IDE projects are setup to use a Java 6 JRE, and that the "source compatibility" is set to 1.6 or greater. Open the Window > Preferences dialog, and browse to Java > Compiler. There you can set the "Compiler compliance level" to 1.6.

Remember that Eclipse can override these global settings for a specific project, so check those too.
Re: Problem directly after installation [message #1384800 is a reply to message #1384692] Mon, 02 June 2014 07:42 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Thanks for sharing...

We do not support Java 5 for the Eclipse Scout Kepler release.

(Now you have the required 5 messages to post the url you want in your posts. Sorry for the inconvenience! This is a eclipse.org forum Policy we cannot override.)
Previous Topic:Scout & Swing LAF
Next Topic:focus issue on a form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:45:12 GMT 2024