Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » focus issue on a form
icon2.gif  focus issue on a form [message #1383966] Tue, 27 May 2014 13:51 Go to next message
Juri A. is currently offline Juri A.Friend
Hi community,

here a current issue was reported by our customer.
A non-deterministic behaviour was reported for a scout v3.8.2 based GUI application (I wasn't able to reproduce this on my machine):
On a form focus sometimes jumps not to the next field in the same form, but skips multiple fields at a time which is not desired.
The form consists of multiple combo boxes and each of them is the master field for the next one.
As soon a master field value is selected the children become enabled and pressing Tab button should move focus to the next field.
My guess is that the order of this events isn't synchronized and therefore the next enabled field gets the focus.

Is there any execXXXX method executed once a focus is lost or gained like in SWT org.eclipse.swt.events.FocusListener?
Or could ClientSyncJob be used to enforce the order?

Did anyone experience similar problems?

Best regards,
Juri.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 May 2014 13:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: focus issue on a form [message #1383994 is a reply to message #1383966] Tue, 27 May 2014 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
The problem is that Focus is not mapped at Scout model level.

This is why you cannot really influence tab order or being informed that the focus is gained or lost at model level. There isn't any execXxxx Method.

The model layer has only limited possibilities to influence the focus. For example with IFormField#requestFocus() or IDesktop.traverseFocusNext() and so on.

If you want to debug it, you need to do it as UI level.

To help you with your problem, can you tell us what UI you are using (Swing, SWT or RAP)? Can you provide a Sktech or a Screenshot of the form explaining the master/slave relations between the fields?

[Updated on: Wed, 28 May 2014 09:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: focus issue on a form [message #1384829 is a reply to message #1383966] Mon, 02 June 2014 11:54 Go to previous message
Juri A. is currently offline Juri A.Friend
Hi Jeremie,

thanks for your feedback.
We use SWT UI.

I posted a sketch of our form, which hopefully illustrates the issue.
Once a value in Field 1.1 (master) is selected, Field 1.2 and Field 1.3 become active and in case Tab key is used to jump to the next field, the focus sometimes jumps to Field 2.1 instead of jumping to Field 1.2.

Can you provide me a hint where to debug at UI level?

Cheers,
Juri.
Previous Topic:Problem directly after installation
Next Topic:Use of Webservice on Button click
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:11:11 GMT 2024