Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Querying and adding element to XML with comments(I was trying to query an existing xml which has a comment node at the starting and create a new element and add it to root.)
Querying and adding element to XML with comments [message #1381244] Sun, 25 May 2014 13:04 Go to next message
Rahul Gupta is currently offline Rahul GuptaFriend
I have attached the xml file that i am trying to query and then add a element "association" with a new id and other new attribute.

How do I get the root node which is "component-definition" in this case. XML.root gives me comment node. and t_component-definition gives me a error saying "EXCEPTION: Undefined variable, type or model : 'definition' not defined".

How do I get the root node(component-definition) here. ?
Re: Querying and adding element to XML with comments [message #1381517 is a reply to message #1381244] Sun, 25 May 2014 15:48 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 05/25/2014 09:39 AM, Rahul Gupta wrote:
> I have attached the xml file that i am trying to query and then add a element "association" with a new id and other new attribute.
>
> How do I get the root node which is "component-definition" in this case. XML.root gives me comment node. and t_component-definition gives me a error saying "EXCEPTION: Undefined variable, type or model : 'definition' not defined".
>
> How do I get the root node(component-definition) here. ?

It's a little unclear what you expect here. This doesn't look like a
question about the Eclipse IDE, workbench or how to use those. It looks
a lot like a question about XML. If so, you'd be much better served
asking it on stackoverflow.com.
Previous Topic:java project folders
Next Topic:eclipse simulating visual studio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:27:48 GMT 2024