Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » p2 Update error when using the delta pack(p2 Update error when using the delta pack: Cannot complete the install because some dependencies are not satisfiable org.eclipse.equinox.executable_root.gtk.linux.ppc64 cannot be installed in this env)
p2 Update error when using the delta pack [message #1377933] Sat, 24 May 2014 03:05
Qwerty Uiop is currently offline Qwerty UiopFriend
Hi, everyone,

This is my first post in this forum! Very Happy

Anyway, I have an eclipse 4 application which has an update functionality (p2-enabled).
I am trying to create a headless build using ant (PDE Build), but am getting some problems with it.
I have followed tutorials online regarding the use of a PDE Build.
The ant build works fine except that it does not create the executable launcher.
I have searched this forum and other sites and found the solution to it by using the delta pack.
So, I installed the delta pack and now the executable launcher gets created when using the ant build.

The problem I am facing now is that the update functionality of my application gets an error whenever I try to update it.
Here is the error when I update my application:

Cannot complete the install because some dependencies are not satisfiable
org.eclipse.equinox.executable_root.gtk.linux.ppc64 cannot be installed in this environment because its filter is not applicable.

The error above is from the resolution details I get from the install operation (InstallOperation).
I get this error even when the application is exported using the IDE (Product Export Wizard).

By the way, I am building in win32/x86 only.

Anyone know a solution for the error above?
Or better yet, a way to export the product (using ant PDE build) with an executable, and without using the delta pack?

Hope anyone has answers to this. Smile Thanks!

Regards,
Previous Topic:Decorating in e4
Next Topic:Target problem with e4 and EMF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:38:16 GMT 2024