Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » eclipse simulating visual studio(eclipse simulating visual studio that possible?)
eclipse simulating visual studio [message #1375778] Fri, 23 May 2014 05:57 Go to next message
Ecl ipse is currently offline Ecl ipseFriend
Hi, Im new to the forum.
Im running linux and somebodytold me there would be an eclipse version that simulates visual web developer (couldnt believe it myself). But I really would need sth like that right now, so is there? And when which package? Sorry if its a silly question.
Thanks ecl.
PS: if im in the wrong forum let me know
Re: eclipse simulating visual studio [message #1377033 is a reply to message #1375778] Fri, 23 May 2014 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
You need to be more specific in your question. For example, what specifically does "simulates visual web developer" mean?
Re: eclipse simulating visual studio [message #1381799 is a reply to message #1377033] Sun, 25 May 2014 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ecl ipse is currently offline Ecl ipseFriend
Hello Eric Rizzo, I thougt about an eclipse that looks like the VS-web-developer, so I can build applications as if I worked with the original developer (thats what I meant with simulating visual web developer). Its just about writing code as if I worked with the VS-web-developer-IDE, so I can go on with a project Im working on (or at least going on with developing some code). Like I said I only heard, that there were sth like that.
Right now I found another solution using monodevelop, which seems to work fine. If anybody is interested how that works I can give info.
Nevertheless I'd be curious about if there is an eclipse-version simulating visual studio.
greets ecl
Re: eclipse simulating visual studio [message #1382800 is a reply to message #1381799] Mon, 26 May 2014 04:59 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Can you ask in a way that doesn't assume the reader knows everything about Visual Studio? Maybe you can ask that "somebody" for more details?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Querying and adding element to XML with comments
Next Topic:m2e download link doesn't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:31:53 GMT 2024