Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Difference in Compiler Output(There seems to be a difference in the output between a compiler class and the acceleo workspace builder)
Difference in Compiler Output [message #1369225] Tue, 20 May 2014 13:33 Go to next message
Jon Buck is currently offline Jon BuckFriend
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi All, I am experiencing an issue when trying to execute an Acceleo script within a runtime workbench environment, in that I get a String Index out of Bounds exception.

I have narrowed the issue down to the fact that there appears to be a difference in the emtl files that are generated by 1)The compiler class we use when building our plugins through maven/tycho and 2)The compiler that is executed by the Acceleo Builder in the project.

Now for some reason the emtl files that are generated within the workspace as a result of the Acceleo Builder has invalid href's within the takesTypesFrom elements and also the kinds of encoded variables that exist within the references attributes of for example an eAnnotations element...

So just wondering why there is a difference and how to configure the Acceleo Builder so that it generates the local emtl files correctly...

Realize that you may need more info but please ask for what you need in order to help me fix this issue.

We are using eclipse 3.8.2 along with Acceleo 3.3.2.
Re: Difference in Compiler Output [message #1371007 is a reply to message #1369225] Wed, 21 May 2014 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jon Buck is currently offline Jon BuckFriend
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
I actually have another related question as well in that the build.acceleo file seems to be a good place for me to provide compiler settings however it gets overwritten or regenerated by the acceleo builder when it runs... so firstly why is that? and secondly what is the point in having a file in the project if you cant control or use it to control the compilation process??
Re: Difference in Compiler Output [message #1371677 is a reply to message #1371007] Wed, 21 May 2014 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jon Buck is currently offline Jon BuckFriend
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
OK so an update for those that are interested in that this seems to be a problem with the version 3.3.2 as I have just installed version 3.4.1 and I can confirm that this version has fixed some of my issues in that I am no longer getting the String Index out of bounds exception and having a look the compiled emtl files they look a lot better although the namespace declarations within the input > takeTypesFrom elements are still not correct... so is there a bug in 3.3.2!!!!!

The only issue now with this version is that it no longer likes my mtl files and these files now have errors against them whereas with version 3.3.2 they were good... so the quest continues...

Just wish someone from Obeo would get involved and actually start asking some questions..
Re: Difference in Compiler Output [message #1373444 is a reply to message #1371677] Thu, 22 May 2014 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jon Buck is currently offline Jon BuckFriend
Messages: 29
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
OK So another update... this is definately a version issue... I have installed an earlier version 3.1.3 and this version works! no errors in mtl files and the generated emtl file is perfect, takeTypesFrom href's are correct and so are all of the variables....

So not sure if with the newer versions (3.3.1/3.3.2 >) we are doing something wrong or there is something different that needs to be done to make this work, It's a bit hard to determine when you don't receive any feedback from the developers in their own forum so for now I guess we will never know...

Anyway for now problem solved but hopefully this thread may help someone else who is seeing the same issue...
Re: Difference in Compiler Output [message #1373588 is a reply to message #1373444] Thu, 22 May 2014 08:29 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Messages: 7266
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
HI

I sympathize.

In Nov 2012 in Re: [Acceleo] EMTL files not contained in build I
observed that 3.2 was unuseable for me, but that 3.3 was ok.

However I have had significant difficulties with URI resolution in
Acceleo, which you can see from open bugs. Some of these I have worked
around by name resolution overrides in start up code.

3.1.3 may be the way to go. 3.3 was first made available for Juno, so
running it on Indigo has some minor risks of undiagnosed version
incompatibility.

Regards

Ed Willink


On 22/05/2014 08:03, Jon Buck wrote:
> OK So another update... this is definately a version issue... I have
> installed an earlier version 3.1.3 and this version works! no errors
> in mtl files and the generated emtl file is perfect, takeTypesFrom
> href's are correct and so are all of the variables....
>
> So not sure if with the newer versions (3.3.1/3.3.2 >) we are doing
> something wrong or there is something different that needs to be done
> to make this work, It's a bit hard to determine when you don't receive
> any feedback from the developers in their own forum so for now I guess
> we will never know...
>
> Anyway for now problem solved but hopefully this thread may help
> someone else who is seeing the same issue...
Previous Topic:Extremely Ajaxified Web Applications with M2T
Next Topic:[Acceleo] [new edit] "argument type mismatch" when calling a Java Service Wrapper
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 21 18:27:16 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01909 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top