Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Exporting Eclipse Product to Linux Broken(Eclipse 4.4 M7 Product Export)
Exporting Eclipse Product to Linux Broken [message #1355802] Wed, 14 May 2014 22:15
Jon Myszka is currently offline Jon MyszkaFriend
New Edit:
On Linux, an exported version of example Eclipse product org.eclipse.ui.examples.rcp.browser hangs indefinitely when trying to load a jar file. It wasn't giving me a log file, so I used -verbose to find out.
When starting application, it hangs on this:
"class load: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.util.impl.tpt.threadpool.Executor from: file:/disk1/developers/usjomy/Desktop/RCPBrowser_4.4.8/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.util_1.0.500.v20130404-1337.jar"

I am still unsure why this is happening, and how to fix the issue. It happens with 4.3 and 4.4, but it works when exported with Eclipse 3.8. Are there extra requirements when exporting for Linux with 4.x?

OLD:
I have a project that I've been exporting to Linux using Eclipse 3.8. Using 4.4 M7, however, if I export to Linux (x86) (as an Eclipse project) from either Windows (with Delta Pack) or Linux itself, the project just hangs when I try to run it, with no log file created. I can, however, run the project from Eclipse 4.4 M7 (even in Linux).

Again, this all works with the same settings and arguments in Eclipes 3.8. I have been exporting to Linux for a long time.

As a simple example, I also tried doing this with example project org.eclipse.ui.examples.rcp.browser, and getting the same result.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 May 2014 03:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:ComponentFactory
Next Topic:EMenuService Discouraged access
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:13:06 GMT 2024