Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Exception while opening diagram(FeatureNotFoundException: Feature 'definitions' not found. Error)
Exception while opening diagram [message #1354983] Wed, 14 May 2014 14:11 Go to next message
Mauro P. is currently offline Mauro P.Friend
Hi all,
I've created a new plugin to extend the bpmn2 modeller. I would like to add some custom TextAnnotations (each with custom properties) but i've got some strange exceptions while reopening the diagram.
I've followed the tutroial video for custom task, making some changes.

If I crerate a new process diagram(whit my targetruntime set) once the wizard complete the editor opens well and I'm able to see my custom annotation and i'm also able to edit the model: all works well, but if I close the editor and i try to reopen the diagram a popup appear with an exception:

FeatureNotFoundException: Feature 'definitions' not found.
The exception thrown is:
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EStringToStringMapEntryImpl cannot be cast to org.eclipse.bpmn2.Definitions

And i'm unable to reopen my diagram anymore.

What could be worng?
I've sarched for the "definition" word in my files (model,plugin, ecc) but this dosen't appear anywhere.

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance
Mauro
  • Attachment: plugin.xml
    (Size: 2.22KB, Downloaded 31 times)
  • Attachment: process_1.bpmn
    (Size: 1.63KB, Downloaded 30 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 16 May 2014 08:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exception while opening diagram [message #1355681 is a reply to message #1354983] Wed, 14 May 2014 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Mauro,

This dialog usually points to some kind of problem discovered early during file parsing caused by an exception being thrown somewhere in the bowels of EMF.

Because of the refactoring work going on right now I haven't had a chance to test all of the extensions to make sure they're working correctly. Please be patient - I'll make an announcement as soon as I feel the editor and API are once again stable and ready for public consumption Wink

Cheers,
Bob
Re: Exception while opening diagram [message #1356722 is a reply to message #1354983] Thu, 15 May 2014 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Robert, in that case could also be my emf model.
(I've haven't exactly understand how to put annotation and why)
I've cloned the version 1.0.1 Final from the git repository. I've suupposed that was stable. i'm correct?
Re: Exception while opening diagram [message #1358007 is a reply to message #1356722] Thu, 15 May 2014 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Yes, 1.0.1 should be OK
icon14.gif  Re: Exception while opening diagram [message #1359245 is a reply to message #1358007] Fri, 16 May 2014 08:32 Go to previous message
I post the solution to my problem for other people:

In the tutorial video "creating custom task extension" the author miss to say that when you change the declaration of the resourceFactory to extend Bpmn2ModelerResourceFactoryImpl
you have also to override the content of the method "createResource(URI uri)" replacing the generated content with this:
   @Override
   public Resource createResource(URI uri) {
      Bpmn2ModelerResourceImpl resource = new Bpmn2ModelerResourceImpl(uri);
      return resource;
   }

Afther taht the generated diagram is correctly serialized and de-serialized.
Previous Topic:Pardon our dust while we remodel
Next Topic:How can I create a new Process type?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 31 06:50:53 GMT 2015