Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Multiple error messages when switching projects(Multiple error messages when switching to another project)
Multiple error messages when switching projects [message #1354846] Wed, 14 May 2014 12:57 Go to next message
Jurjen Hofstra is currently offline Jurjen HofstraFriend
Hi peoples,

I have migrated my jubula 7.2 environment to 8.0 using your documentation.

Usually I work with the local stand alone installation which connects to the test server which also contains a stand alone installation and the oracle database.

Sometimes, while working in my local environment, when I switch to another project I get multiple error messages containing this trace:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2014-05-14 14:25:43.204
!MESSAGE An exception occurred while notifying part listeners
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.rcp.controllers.propertysources.TestSuiteGUIPropertySource.initAUTList(TestSuiteGUIPropertySource.java:206)

As far as I can see nothing goes actually wrong, but it may be the forerunner for later problems...
I attached a few log files.
Thanks in advance!
Jurjen
  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 71.20KB, Downloaded 134 times)
  • Attachment: client.log
    (Size: 24.26KB, Downloaded 123 times)
Re: Multiple error messages when switching projects [message #1357515 is a reply to message #1354846] Thu, 15 May 2014 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Thanks for the information. Can you say if it only happens when you're in a particular perspective, or when a job (deleting test results, starting AUT, ...) is running?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Multiple error messages when switching projects [message #1366881 is a reply to message #1357515] Mon, 19 May 2014 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

Now it's happening again. I have nothing running. I have the Functional Test Specification perspective open. And I am only clicking around to manually execute some test steps.
But when I switch to another project I can't click the desired test suite in the Test Suite Browser. I have to shutdown jubula and start it again before I can open the desired test suite.

On the (remote) test server(where also the oracle db exists) is the aut running. It starts automatically when the server restarts itself. But at the moment no test is running on the test server.

Sorry for the late reaction; I was a few days free. Hope you can do something with this information.

Best regards,
Jurjen
Re: Multiple error messages when switching projects [message #1384797 is a reply to message #1366881] Mon, 02 June 2014 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[code]Hi peoples,

Again I have multiple error dialogs when switching to another project on my local system. On the jubula server a test is running.
After clicking away the messages, things seem to be normal, but you never know...
Ik have attachted one log file, the .log in the program files directory. Hope you can do something with it.

Oh, I don't see a button to attach another log file...is there way to do this?
Anyway, here are the first lines:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2014-06-02 08:45:03.279
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The validated object is null
at org.apache.commons.lang.Validate.notNull(Validate.java:192)

kind regards,
Jurjen

Re: Multiple error messages when switching projects [message #1384914 is a reply to message #1384797] Tue, 03 June 2014 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Jurjen,

some of this is ringing a bell - the JFace problem might be a decorator problem that there's unfortunately nothing we can do about.
Can you add an image of what the ITE looks like when you say you can't select a test suite?
You can also add the logs from your home directory then .jubula/logs to the thread, that might help too.

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Multiple error messages when switching projects [message #1385111 is a reply to message #1384914] Wed, 04 June 2014 12:09 Go to previous message
Hi Alex,

Just to test, I switched to another project. That went well. But when I switched back, I got again multiple messages on screen. And now I can't open my test suite. I made a screenshot of the ITE. So now I have to close the ITE and startup again. I also add the clientlog in the home directory.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards,
Jurjen
Previous Topic:Use a different Datasets on a nested case
Next Topic:Automate the startup and login
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:52:20 GMT 2024