Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Hudson jobs triggered by scm change (git) show "no changes".
Hudson jobs triggered by scm change (git) show "no changes". [message #1352810] Tue, 13 May 2014 16:43 Go to next message
Matthew Baker is currently offline Matthew BakerFriend
Hi all,

I have some jobs show git commit changes and are configured to show links to gitlab. This works for the most part but intermittently I get "no changes" on recent changes and the changes link to the left just shows the title "Summary" with no content. I know for a fact there are changes as the job is triggered to run off an scm change.

Interestingly, I have spotted the commit history to be in other jobs than the one they should be in. For example, I create branch A which triggers a build with "no changes", then I continue to make branches B,C,D (each with their triggered build with "no changes") and finally make branch E and I see the commit history for A & E in the change history for the last job.

Am I missing a configuration or have a buggy plugin confusing things? Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Re: Hudson jobs triggered by scm change (git) show "no changes". [message #1354168 is a reply to message #1352810] Wed, 14 May 2014 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan Dumont is currently offline Jonathan DumontFriend
I am not sure that it's the right trail but have you checked the clocks of your SCM server and of your Hudson server ?
If they are not synchronized, this can be the clue.
Re: Hudson jobs triggered by scm change (git) show "no changes". [message #1354865 is a reply to message #1354168] Wed, 14 May 2014 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply. The clocks are in different time zones but apart from that they are in sync.
Re: Hudson jobs triggered by scm change (git) show "no changes". [message #1355360 is a reply to message #1354865] Wed, 14 May 2014 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IMHO, the time zone may be problematic, I'm not sure that this is managed by hudson to build the change history.

Can you try to check if a change is detected and appears in the change history after X hours (X corresponding to the difference in your time zone) ? Or maybe try to set the server to the same time zone if you have the rights to do it.

Good luck
Re: Hudson jobs triggered by scm change (git) show "no changes". [message #1357584 is a reply to message #1355360] Thu, 15 May 2014 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the comments. I've set the TZ env variable (the system clock was configured to UTC matching the gitlab server already) and this is visible in Hudson. This hasn't affected the existing changes pages which were missing commit info. Is that page dynamic or generated at build time? If it's the latter I'll watch to see if the problem reoccurs, otherwise I need to look elsewhere.
Re: Hudson jobs triggered by scm change (git) show "no changes". [message #1357651 is a reply to message #1357584] Thu, 15 May 2014 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that this page is generated at built time.

Can you check if you have a warning in your build log, after the SVN checkout, like (in french) :

(...)
At revision 15031
AVERTISSEMENT: l'horloge du serveur subversion semble desynchronisee. Cela peut provoquer des comportements incoherents lors de la recuperation des fichiers.

Re: Hudson jobs triggered by scm change (git) show "no changes". [message #1357777 is a reply to message #1357651] Thu, 15 May 2014 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info Jonathan, we're using git. No problems in the build log suggest a problem. I've also compared the build.xml files to a successful build (with reported changes) and nothing jumps out at me.
Re: Hudson jobs triggered by scm change (git) show "no changes". [message #1359564 is a reply to message #1357777] Fri, 16 May 2014 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had another blank changes page when there were definitely changes. The TZ change didn't seem to help.
Re: Hudson jobs triggered by scm change (git) show "no changes". [message #1385141 is a reply to message #1359564] Wed, 04 June 2014 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For what it's worth I think I've come to the conclusion that this is because we were always changing the branch to track via a parameter. On other builds where we have the same branch (e.g. master) for every run it seems to work fine.
Re: Hudson jobs triggered by scm change (git) show "no changes". [message #1385242 is a reply to message #1385141] Thu, 05 June 2014 06:55 Go to previous message
That's a good trail.

Obviously if the branch used to built is dynamically changed, it can be the cause of this problem. However, I don't see any solution ...
Previous Topic:Hudson does not seem to start
Next Topic:Hudson integration with eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:38:29 GMT 2024