Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Problem with PDE Build since RAP 2.3M3(Some inter-plug-in dependencies have not been satisfied)
Problem with PDE Build since RAP 2.3M3 [message #1350353] Mon, 12 May 2014 16:22 Go to next message
Frank Gruendel is currently offline Frank GruendelFriend
Hi experts,

please excuse any ambiguities in this post. I am not exactly a PDE build expert...

Since RAP 2.3M3 the PDE build of the feature we are working on is broken. Our runtime is the latest version of Eclipse Kepler with Java 7, but it neither works with Java 6.

When we work in the Eclipse workspace using the same target, Eclipse version and JDK, everything still works OK. It's just the PDE build that fails.

The PDE build works OK with RAP 2.3M2, RAP 2.3M1 and all earlier versions down to 1.something.

Even if we disable all our plugins (i. e. no longer compile any of our own source code), the PDE build reports constraint errors for (as it seems to me) all target plugins.

generateScript:
[eclipse.buildScript] Some inter-plug-in dependencies have not been satisfied.
[eclipse.buildScript] Bundle com.ibm.icu.base:
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5
[eclipse.buildScript] Host plug-in JavaSE_0.0.0 has not been found.
[eclipse.buildScript] Bundle javax.servlet:
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6
[eclipse.buildScript] Bundle javax.xml:
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.2
[eclipse.buildScript] Bundle org.eclipse.core.commands:
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: CDC-1.0/Foundation-1.0,J2SE-1.3
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in org.eclipse.equinox.common_[3.2.0,4.0.0).
[eclipse.buildScript] Host plug-in null_0.0.0 has not been found.
[eclipse.buildScript] Bundle org.eclipse.core.contenttype:
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.4,CDC-1.0/Foundation-1.0,J2SE-1.3
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in org.eclipse.equinox.preferences_[3.2.0,4.0.0).
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in org.eclipse.equinox.registry_[3.2.0,4.0.0).
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in org.eclipse.equinox.common_[3.2.0,4.0.0).
[eclipse.buildScript] Host plug-in null_0.0.0 has not been found.
[eclipse.buildScript] Bundle org.eclipse.core.databinding.beans:

Many more lines cut...

[eclipse.buildScript] Bundle org.hamcrest.core:
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5
[eclipse.buildScript] Bundle org.junit:
[eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in org.hamcrest.core_1.3.0.

BUILD FAILED
M:\prjSVCTOOLS\PMC\3rdParty\runtime\RAP\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.pde.build_3.8.100.v20130514-1028\scripts\build.xml:35: The following error occurre
d while executing this line:
M:\prjSVCTOOLS\PMC\3rdParty\runtime\RAP\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.pde.build_3.8.100.v20130514-1028\scripts\build.xml:91: The following error occurre
d while executing this line:
M:\cmpSVCTOOLS_Common\HDLISConsole-J\st.console.releng\customTargets.xml:23: The following error occurred while executing this line:
M:\cmpSVCTOOLS_Common\HDLISConsole-J\st.console.releng\allElements.xml:26: The following error occurred while executing this line:
M:\prjSVCTOOLS\PMC\3rdParty\runtime\RAP\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.pde.build_3.8.100.v20130514-1028\scripts\genericTargets.xml:111: Processing inclus
ion from feature st.console.feature: Bundle com.ibm.icu.base_52.1.0.v201404171520 failed to resolve.:
Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5
Host plug-in JavaSE_0.0.0 has not been found.

What could cause the PDE build to try to find a host plug-in "JavaSE_0.0.0" and "null_0.0.0"? That seems kind of weird...

How we can satisfy the missing inter-plug-in dependencies when using RAP 2.3M3?

Any scrap of help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Frank

[Updated on: Fri, 23 May 2014 14:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with PDE Build since RAP 2.3M3 [message #1350388 is a reply to message #1350353] Mon, 12 May 2014 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Knauer is currently offline Markus KnauerFriend

That looks strange, indeed. I don't think we've changed anything between RAP 2.3 M2 and M3 on our side that would explain this kind of error. I've been looking into com.ibm.icu.base, because they released a new version, but even that bundle looks okay (it hasn't any requirments/imports, it just exports a few packages).

Then I've grepped through our content.jar/xml to see whether there's are some hints regarding 0.0.0, null, and JavaSE_0.0.0, but nothing that has changed between M2 and M3 in a suspicious way.

What's your build JDK version? Is it >= 1.6?
Which Eclipse or PDE build version are you using? Maybe that's too old?

Honestly, I'm unsure if I can help with PDE build... it's too long ago that I used it myself. And it is not really supported any more (maybe the Eclipse Platform team has another opinion, but that's my impression).

Maybe someone else on the forum has an idea (or a similar problem).

Regards,
Markus

--

Twitter: @mknauer23 and @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: Problem with PDE Build since RAP 2.3M3 [message #1350625 is a reply to message #1350388] Mon, 12 May 2014 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We tested both Java6 and Java7 for a build version. This doesn't make any difference whatsoever. As to Eclipse, we are using the latest version of Kepler. I cannot say at the moment which PDE version we are using since our build mananger has already left the building. I will hand this info in tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Frank
Re: Problem with PDE Build since RAP 2.3M3 [message #1376687 is a reply to message #1350625] Fri, 23 May 2014 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Followup:

RAP 2.3M3 breaks the PDE build when we use the PDE build plug-in embedded in Eclipse Kepler. This is currently org.eclipse.pde.build_3.8.100.v20130514-1028.

It does not break the build when we are using Eclipse Luna M7, which uses org.eclipse.pde.build_3.9.0.v20140415-2029.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 May 2014 14:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with PDE Build since RAP 2.3M3 [message #1376814 is a reply to message #1376687] Fri, 23 May 2014 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Knauer is currently offline Markus KnauerFriend

Thanks for letting us know... that's valuable information for others Wink

Regards,
Markus
Re: Problem with PDE Build since RAP 2.3M3 [message #1738778 is a reply to message #1376814] Sun, 24 July 2016 02:15 Go to previous message
Ravikanth Somayaji is currently offline Ravikanth SomayajiFriend
I see this problem in Eclipse Neon as well.

Previous Topic:TreeViewer RowTemplate Expander missing
Next Topic:Alternative Client Polling stop working when code migrated from 1.4 to 2.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:36:19 GMT 2024