Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » [EMF Compare] Register custom EMF models for comparison
[EMF Compare] Register custom EMF models for comparison [message #1343999] Fri, 09 May 2014 15:07 Go to next message
Simon Schwichtenberg is currently offline Simon SchwichtenbergFriend
Hi,

I want to compare my models of a custom EMF metamodel that is not Ecore or UML.
EMF Compare should start when I select two of the custom models and select "Compare with each other". At the moment only the text comparision starts up.

I tried to register the file extension by the extension point org.eclipse.compare.structureMergeViewers. However, org.eclipse.emf.compare.ide.ui.internal.structuremergeviewer.EMFCompareStructureMergeViewerCreator is not visible to my plugin that overrides the MatchEngine.

Are there better ways to register a custom EMF model for EMF Compare?

Otherwise, I think the EMF Compare Team should make EMFCompareStructureMergeViewerCreator visible for downstream plugins?

Regards,
Simon
Re: [EMF Compare] Register custom EMF models for comparison [message #1349449 is a reply to message #1343999] Mon, 12 May 2014 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Schwichtenberg is currently offline Simon SchwichtenbergFriend
I found the answer myself. For those who are interested: Add respective file associations under Preferences > General > Content types > EMF Compare
Re: [EMF Compare] Register custom EMF models for comparison [message #1352100 is a reply to message #1349449] Tue, 13 May 2014 09:55 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Yes, a screenshot of the actual preference page is also available in the FAQ.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:Contributing to the structure merge viewer's toolbar?
Next Topic:Questions on custom IMatchEngines
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:43:29 GMT 2024