Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » single form application: updating tables
single form application: updating tables [message #1339290] Wed, 07 May 2014 16:02 Go to next message
davide . is currently offline davide .Friend
Hi all. I'm building a scout application that's basically a set of "single forms", opening and closing according to user cases (I do not use outlines or the like, since they do not match my customers' l&f).

In my code I've a CustomeTableform that displays a bunch of db-loaded customers in a table. when user clicks on the table row, another form is spawn to view (CustomerForm) and edit customer's detailed information.

Now the tricky part: when the user changes some fields in CustomerForm and presses OK, the database row is updated, but the CustomeTableForm keeps being unchanged . Same thing if user deletes a customer: the db row is deleted but the CustomeTableForm is unaware of the change.

I know that if I use the table pages embedded in the outlines (as i have see building the minicrm demo) the table page is updated in the cases (if I'm not wrong).

Is there any way to replicate this behaviour in a "single form"-like application as the one I'm building? Of course I mean that I'm going to write the actual code (not relying on the wizard), but how this mechanics can be accomplished?

thanks in advance.
Re: single form application: updating tables [message #1340624 is a reply to message #1339290] Thu, 08 May 2014 05:35 Go to previous message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
In the table form check whether the second form was closed with ok or cancel. In the ok case, do the same thing as in the "ModifyHandler.execLoad" method, i.e. get the service, exportForm, call service.load, importForm.
Previous Topic:Enabling/disabling form fields
Next Topic:Drag and Drop
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:40:41 GMT 2024