Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Transactions(Managing transactiosn with EclipseLink)
Transactions [message #1333951] Mon, 05 May 2014 10:07 Go to next message
Philippot Sébastien is currently offline Philippot SébastienFriend
Hello,
I would like to have more details on managing transaction with EclipseLink on this site http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/documentation/2.5/concepts/descriptors002.htm#BCGDJHAF it is noted Quote:
EclipseLink overrides the locking setting and does not append FOR UPDATE to the SQL
but what parameters ElclipseLink override?

Thanks
Re: Transactions [message #1334267 is a reply to message #1333951] Mon, 05 May 2014 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
I'm not sure I understand the question. The context of the quote is talking about pessimistic locking. When a query with the pessimistic lock setting is run in those circumstances (pessimistic locking set on a query run on a container managed EM within its own transaction), EclipseLink will not issue FOR UPDATE in the SQL since there is no need to; the transaction will complete at the end of query. Can you be more specific?
Re: Transactions [message #1334968 is a reply to message #1334267] Mon, 05 May 2014 20:53 Go to previous message
Philippot Sébastien is currently offline Philippot SébastienFriend
About transactions, What is the contribution of EclipseLink compared to JPA? If I understand JPA add FOR UPDATE to the query and not EclipseLink (in pessimistic locking) ? is the only difference? Sorry for my english I'm French.
Thanks you.
Previous Topic:@TableGenerator - Pre-allocate ID block not work fine [SOLVED]
Next Topic:EclipseLink Composite Unit Error - Join Query Executes on One Datasource
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 14:03:44 GMT 2024