Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » jumping between declaration and definition is failing
jumping between declaration and definition is failing [message #1328430] Fri, 02 May 2014 17:45
vishal Mising name is currently offline vishal Mising nameFriend
I am using eclipse CDT on centos.
I have a bigger code base for which the problem is very much evident.
I am attaching a sample code, for which I am not able to jump between declaration and definition and vice versa.
Another problem is that the behaviour is not predictive and it keeps failing for one or the other declaration.

Let me list down the steps for which it is failing everytime:

1. I copied the test5.cc file under the source folder and opened it in the CEditor.
2. I copied the test5.h and test4.h under the source folder and opened it in the CEditor.
3. I copied the test4.cc , test3.h and test3.cc under the source folder and opened it in the CEditor.

Now I am able to jump from "dynamicRequestDecodePerFamily" definition in test3.cc to the declaration in test3.h but not the other way around.

Much more strange behaviour is that each time I edit the files and if any class is marked in error, then even if I correct the problem, the linkage between the declaration and definition will be broken. Due to which I can jump from definition to declaration by not the other way around .

Can someone please help me out .

Thanks,
Vishal
Previous Topic:C++ mac eclipse library not found for -lglut
Next Topic:Symbol/Method could not be resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:46:09 GMT 2024