Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » BPMN 2.0 Metamodel
BPMN 2.0 Metamodel [message #1324433] Wed, 30 April 2014 19:48 Go to next message
abdush mohd is currently offline abdush mohdFriend
Hi,

I am using the MDT/BPMN2 component to graphically create business process models.
The BPMN process model is used as input for an ATL transformation. For the input metamodel, i am using the Ecore files in the plugins folder: org.eclipse.bpmn2_0.7.0.201308220617.jar

My question is there a way to switch the serialization of the process model between XMI and XML format? As far as I know, I guess there is one BPMN metamodel (ecore) used in Eclipse. Does it support both type of files?

Thanks
Re: BPMN 2.0 Metamodel [message #1334339 is a reply to message #1324433] Mon, 05 May 2014 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Abdush,

The BPMN metamodel project is just an EMF model and, as such, supports XMI and XML serialization. There are lots of tutorials and examples on the web that illustrate how to do this.

HTH,
Bob
Re: BPMN 2.0 Metamodel [message #1335343 is a reply to message #1334339] Tue, 06 May 2014 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

I can understand that EMF models (a metamodel) can supports XMI and XML, but does this mean there is two interchangeable metamodels (MOF/Ecore and XSD). I am confused about the BPMN metamodel because I have read that the OMG spec defined two different metamodels files MOF and XSD (I don't know why!), and eclipse BPMN Ecore merged the two in one metamodel. So I guess its different for example from the UML metamodel which is based on MOF (but still I guess it can be mapped to XSD).

I would like to know if there is an easy way (using the BPMN Editor) to switch between the two BPMN process model (not the metamodel) export formats .
The following for example I get from right clicking on the process model and open in text editor:
<bpmn2:definitions >
  <bpmn2:process id="process_1" drools:version="1" drools:packageName="defaultPackage" drools:adHoc="false" name="Default Process" isExecutable="true">
    <bpmn2:startEvent id="StartEvent_1" name="">
      <bpmn2:outgoing>SequenceFlow_15</bpmn2:outgoing>
    </bpmn2:startEvent>
    <bpmn2:sequenceFlow id="SequenceFlow_15" drools:priority="1" name="" sourceRef="StartEvent_1" targetRef="Task_8"/>
    <bpmn2:task id="Task_8" name="prepare purchase request">
      <bpmn2:incoming>SequenceFlow_15</bpmn2:incoming>
      <bpmn2:outgoing>SequenceFlow_16</bpmn2:outgoing>

Which is different from the XMI I get from some other tools.

I want to use the BPMN metamodel and the example process model as input to a model transformation. So, in another way, is it possible to handle the two input process files XMI,XML valid for the same transformation which uses the Eclipse BPMN Ecore files?

Sorry if this is not related to this forum. I have posted similar question in ATL forum but still no reply yet.

Thanks
Re: BPMN 2.0 Metamodel [message #1343698 is a reply to message #1335343] Fri, 09 May 2014 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

The BPMN2 Modeler only supports serialization to XML at this time - sorry.
Re: BPMN 2.0 Metamodel [message #1344201 is a reply to message #1343698] Fri, 09 May 2014 17:09 Go to previous message
Ok. Thanks Robert.
Previous Topic:How can I create a new Process type?
Next Topic:ClassCastException when I execute the customTask example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:23:17 GMT 2024