Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Lineair regression trend forecasting in graph
Lineair regression trend forecasting in graph [message #1314500] Fri, 25 April 2014 12:06 Go to next message
cedric raeymaeckers is currently offline cedric raeymaeckersFriend
Dear people

I'm currently trying to make a forecasting report in Eclipse BIRT. It's a pretty simple forecasting because I only have one value (amount) and a timeperiod (quarter). In my current graph I show the sum of the amount for each quarter and now I want to extend this graph with the forecasting of one quarter in the future. The best thing would be if I can show this forecast with a dotted line or something in my current graph, but I don't know that this is possible. Can anybody help me or say me that this is possible?

Thanks in advance

Greetings from Belgium
Re: Lineair regression trend forecasting in graph [message #1316125 is a reply to message #1314500] Sat, 26 April 2014 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
Cedric,

You don't provide enough informations. This is not clear to me what trouble you face: is it a question relevant to computations of the forecast in a report, or do you get this forecast in a dataset and just ask how to embed it in an existing chart. If so, is it in the same dataset as actual values, or is it in a different one. May be you could also join an image, or a precise description of the expected result.

Regards
Re: Lineair regression trend forecasting in graph [message #1324285 is a reply to message #1316125] Wed, 30 April 2014 18:09 Go to previous message
Marc Arbour is currently offline Marc ArbourFriend
Here are my 2 cents, I read somewhere that everything starts from the dataset. My understanding is that if the data is not present in the dataset, you will not be able to chart it.

I may be mistaken though.
Previous Topic:[solved] multiple y axis chart and scale problem
Next Topic:how to avoid text expand in measure report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:17:52 GMT 2024