Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Draw Matrix in Graphiti(Can we draw a matrix in an Editor Using Graphiti)
Draw Matrix in Graphiti [message #1314268] Fri, 25 April 2014 09:06 Go to next message
anudeep arya is currently offline anudeep aryaFriend
Hi,

I want to represent some data in a matrix format.I want to know whether it is possible using graphiti or not.

Attached in the picture is the sample matrix i want to represent in an editor.

Regards,
Anudeep.
  • Attachment: matrix.JPG
    (Size: 186.17KB, Downloaded 190 times)
Re: Draw Matrix in Graphiti [message #1314301 is a reply to message #1314268] Fri, 25 April 2014 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marek Jagielski is currently offline Marek JagielskiFriend
Why use Graphiti? And not simple SWT. Do you want to have a table integrated inside your diagram? If yes? Wouldn't it be easier to double click on a special pictogram element and open your table in a window.

Marek
Re: Draw Matrix in Graphiti [message #1314322 is a reply to message #1314301] Fri, 25 April 2014 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anudeep arya is currently offline anudeep aryaFriend
Thanks for the quick reply.

I wanted to use SWT only but

The point is it needs to be represented in an editor.

I have thought of your idea of representing the matrix in a new view on double clicking a pictogram.The problem is in the matrix i want to represent some more things like highlight using a line from a particular value in nth row and mth column to another value in other row and column. which i don't think is possible via SWT

Re: Draw Matrix in Graphiti [message #1314359 is a reply to message #1314322] Fri, 25 April 2014 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it will be much easier to wrap TableViewer with your logic code (you can format cells contents) than implementing your table in Graphiti. Wtih Table you can do quite a lot. You can set selection listeners and depending on values you can look for other cells to change their style. With Graphiti you would have to create this logic as well and moreover implement graphical representation for the table using basic shapes. As I know you don't have any table shape.

Marek
Re: Draw Matrix in Graphiti [message #1385881 is a reply to message #1314359] Wed, 11 June 2014 22:50 Go to previous message
I am discovering eclipse nebula project now.
Maybe there you will find what you need as for example: http://www.eclipse.org/nebula/widgets/grid/grid.php or https://www.eclipse.org/nattable/.

Marek
Previous Topic:Possible bug with BoxRelativeAnchor
Next Topic:Getting Text from graphic element
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:52:41 GMT 2024