Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse will not start after installation of Java 1.7.55
Eclipse will not start after installation of Java 1.7.55 [message #1311050] Wed, 23 April 2014 15:11 Go to next message
Chris Gage is currently offline Chris GageFriend
Java jusched.exe gave me a notification that there is a "new" java release, 1.7.55, so I said OK and it ran clean as far as I can tell, and said it was succesful. According to the notifications it uninstalled previous versions of java. Now I cannot start eclipse.

I get:

Error: opening registry key 'Software\Javasoft\Java Runtime Environment'
Error: could not find java.dll
Error: could not find Java SE Runtime Environment

In the registry I changed the key referenced above to c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7 which is where java is now installed, and am now getting:

Error: could not open 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg'

(My machine is an Intel Core i7)

What did I do wrong?

[Updated on: Wed, 23 April 2014 18:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse will not start after installation of Java 1.7.55 [message #1312647 is a reply to message #1311050] Thu, 24 April 2014 12:19 Go to previous message
Chris Gage is currently offline Chris GageFriend
In uninstalled and downloaded the Java 1.7u55 from Oracle. I installed as normal. The install appeared to be successful. I put java back in the path, (which action removed it, I do not know).

Now when I start Eclipse, I get: Failed to load the JNI shared library "c:\program files(x86)\Java\jre7\bin\client\jvm.dll"

The above file IS PRESENT at the above location.

I am completely at a loss.
Previous Topic:Make Eclipse Editor Dirty
Next Topic:Java 1.7.55 and Eclipse will not start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:08:09 GMT 2024