Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Custom Axes and Line Plotting in the Chart API(Questions from a first-time BIRT user)
Custom Axes and Line Plotting in the Chart API [message #1301196] Fri, 18 April 2014 02:03
Wyatt Spear is currently offline Wyatt SpearFriend
Greetings. I'm using BIRT's charting API to visualize some data with some unusual requirements and I haven't yet found obvious approaches in the example plugins. My initial run at this is based on a modified stacked line chart but there are two significant differences I need to figure out.

First, my x axis is numerical but I need it scaled so the points are, for example,

1/4 - 1/2 - 1 - 2 - 4 - 8 - 16

With equal spacing between each. I can set this up as a category axis but my data can show up anywhere along that scale so a discrete number of categories won't work. As a bonus question, is there a way to show the fraction (1/4) rather than the decimal (.25) in a numeric axis's labels?

Second, I need to be able to display line charts for series that have just a couple points which may be anywhere along the x axis. If I work with categories that means non-continuous data, so the lines must continue smoothly between defined points, skipping the undefined points. I really need to be able to graph lines between arbitrary points on the plane but I don't see a way in the API. Any suggestions or pointers to more examples or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wyatt
Previous Topic:hidden objects take up space
Next Topic:BIRT reports as a product and copyrights question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:54:35 GMT 2024