Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Project Explorer not showing files
Project Explorer not showing files [message #1292148] Fri, 11 April 2014 15:07 Go to next message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
I am creating project and files in work space at run time. My project explorer just shows the project and when i add file then project tree node shows arrow key showing it has some child node but i open the project tree node then it is empty. Do you have any clue?

Second part of the question that i want to remove all operation in popup menu except "delete" and "rename". So my project explorer's popup menu should only have delete and rename. Any idea how to do that?

Cheers,
Re: Project Explorer not showing files [message #1292159 is a reply to message #1292148] Fri, 11 April 2014 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonathan Dumont is currently offline Jonathan DumontFriend
Hi,

What is the eclipse version that you are using ?

To hide some menu which are contributed by any of your dependency, you can use the activity pattern binding mechanism.
In your plugin.xml, use the extension point org.eclipse.ui.activities to define an activity, which won't be enabled, and as many activityPatternBinding as needed to hide each menu that you want.

Tips : To find the id of the menu to hide, use the Plugin Spy (Alt+Shift+F2).
Re: Project Explorer not showing files [message #1295533 is a reply to message #1292159] Mon, 14 April 2014 10:55 Go to previous message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
I am working with RCP 3 using Eclipse 3.8

regards,
Previous Topic:Failure to Bundle JRE on Linux x86_64
Next Topic:How can I set the size of completion proposal popup of content assistant?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:51:05 GMT 2024