Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Need help configuring Hudson for SSL with Git/Gerrit(Hudson, Gerrit, Git, SSL)
Need help configuring Hudson for SSL with Git/Gerrit [message #1288566] Tue, 08 April 2014 17:32 Go to next message
Bill Spens is currently offline Bill SpensFriend
I've installed Hudson on a server running Oracle Linux and followed the Redhat section of the Hudson Book. I've fired up the Hudson service, created an empty build configuration and it runs just fine (of course it isn't doing anything).

Now I'm trying to check out files from Git. I created a new job. Specified Git for source code management and provided this URL:

ssh://builduser@GERRITSERVER:29418/installer/com.mycompany.installer

When I run the job, it fails. The key parts of the error message seems to be this part: returned status code 128: Permission denied (publickey). fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

I logged in to the console, and I got this command working so I think everything on the gerrit server is set up correctly:
git clone ssh://builduser@GERRITSERVER:29418/installer/com.mycompany.installer

However, I'm logged in as root and the .ssh folder is under /root/.ssh

It is my understanding that hudson runs under a user named 'hudson'. So where to I put the .ssh directory for hudson? I can't seem to log in as user 'hudson' and there is no /home/hudson directory, so I'm a bit stuck on what to do next. Also, can I copy the .ssh directory from root or do the keys for the hudson user have to be generated under the hudson account? If yes, I'm not sure how to do that since I can't log in as hudson.

I should point out that I'm not trying to code review builds with Gerrit yet. I'm just trying to do a build on the git part of gerrit that holds all the approved check-ins.

Thanks for any help or links you can suggest.

Bill
Re: Need help configuring Hudson for SSL with Git/Gerrit [message #1288621 is a reply to message #1288566] Tue, 08 April 2014 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this to the Hudson forum.
Re: Need help configuring Hudson for SSL with Git/Gerrit [message #1289120 is a reply to message #1288621] Wed, 09 April 2014 04:16 Go to previous message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
git usually provides three protocols

ssh://.. (read-write)
https://.. (read-write or read only)
git://.. (read only)

If you use read only format of git URL, then you don't have to set up public key.

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Previous Topic:Migration to 3.0 - security problem
Next Topic:Run job as different user
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:31:33 GMT 2024