Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » [resolved] CXF failed to publish endpoints in Eclipse 4.2.2 OSGi, Jetty 8.1.14 and Spring 3.0.7 env
[resolved] CXF failed to publish endpoints in Eclipse 4.2.2 OSGi, Jetty 8.1.14 and Spring 3.0.7 env [message #1287494] Mon, 07 April 2014 21:16 Go to next message
zhou3r Mising name is currently offline zhou3r Mising nameFriend
I know this is a forum for Virgo, my question is related to Eclipse server platform but not related to Virgo directly. Originally we thought to use Virgo as our server platform, but our requirements ask for Eclipse 4.2.2. So I have to try to create our own server platform based on Eclipse 4.2.2. However, I couldn't get the CXF working properly, I think a lot of smart guy in Virgo community may have some ideas about it. I uploaded my complete research projects to google drive. You can run the code in Eclipse (about 45Mb, see setupInstruction.zip).

Currently, all the following components are working except the CXF

Eclipse runtime(based on 4.2.2)
Jetty (based on 8.1.14, working fine)
Slf4j (based on 1.7.6, working fine)
Spring (based on 3.0.7, working fine)
Apache CXF (based on 2.6.13, not working)

It seems the CXF servlet is never instantiated and mapped to the context path '/cxf'. Please see setupInstruction.zip for more detail.

Thanks,
Sam

[Updated on: Fri, 18 April 2014 17:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CXF failed to publish endpoints in Eclipse 4.2.2 OSGi, Jetty 8.1.14 and Spring 3.0.7 environment [message #1302327 is a reply to message #1287494] Fri, 18 April 2014 17:17 Go to previous message
zhou3r Mising name is currently offline zhou3r Mising nameFriend
Resolved by doing the following:

1. Add Apache Aries 1.0.0 (Gemini doesn't work, because CXF require some of the Aries namespace handler)
2. Fix CXF bundle MANIFEST (add bundle dependency on Apache Aries blueprint, if no such dependency, the Aries doesn't initialize handler for CXF bundle)
3. Add ops4j whiteboard (register javax.xml.servlet.Servlet exposed as service from CXF when bluepring works).
4. Add equinox ds, cs, event, util (maybe just need ds, not fully tested yet, Aries need this)
5. Define system property org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation=*. (resolve conflict between JRE's javax.xml.stream with bundle exported javax.xml.stream).

Smile

Thanks.

Previous Topic:Virgo 3.6.2 JAASRealm Valve LoginModule
Next Topic:Can Spring be used in host and in snaps?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:18:15 GMT 2024