Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Does each external command happen in its own terminal?(using ub_app_executeExternalCommand in Linux)
Does each external command happen in its own terminal? [message #1283841] Thu, 03 April 2014 21:58 Go to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
I've got a test suite that is supposed to launch a process using ub_app_executeExternalCommand at the beginning, and kill that process (also using ub_app_executeExternalCommand) at the end. However, the script that's trying to kill the process doesn't seem to be seeing it with a "ps -f | grep ...", because the process is still running after the test is over.

So, I'm wondering if that means that the two commands are being executed in different TTYs despite being part of the same test suite. I'm trying to avoid having to use "ps -ef", lest I end up killing many more processes than I intended to.

Thanks!
Re: Does each external command happen in its own terminal? [message #1284285 is a reply to message #1283841] Fri, 04 April 2014 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

The processes should be in the same process group. However, they are not processed by a shell but started directly and they don't have a controlling tty. This means that the pipe you are using can't work. You may use a shell script instead or try working out the correct escape sequences for a "/bin/sh -c ..." construct.

- Achim
Re: Does each external command happen in its own terminal? [message #1284519 is a reply to message #1284285] Fri, 04 April 2014 15:16 Go to previous message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
Ah, that's what I was afraid of. I will have to come up with another solution, then. Thank you for the prompt response!
Previous Topic:Newbie - Observation Console doesn't open in Observation Mode
Next Topic:Adding checks to Teststyle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:38:15 GMT 2024