Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Web Start on Mac does not respond to zoom, minimize, close, menu(SWT Webstart app on mac requires force quit, does not respond to menus, window controls.)
Web Start on Mac does not respond to zoom, minimize, close, menu [message #1279303] Fri, 28 March 2014 14:47 Go to next message
Peter Adamson is currently offline Peter AdamsonFriend
I have a web start app written with SWT. When executed on Mac OS X (Java 6) the window controls don't work.

The OS is detecting the click, because it beeps if I click on the close, minimize or zoom icons, but the window does not respond accordingly.

The Quit menu item does not cause the app to quit. I need to force quit. This is the menu added by Mac OS X, not my menu.

I have tried detecting these events with listeners to no avail. I have searched but not found anyone with the same problem.

Is there a workaround?
Re: Web Start on Mac does not respond to zoom, minimize, close, menu [message #1281371 is a reply to message #1279303] Mon, 31 March 2014 19:59 Go to previous message
Peter Adamson is currently offline Peter AdamsonFriend
I found the answer. The vmarg -d32 was missing. I put it everywhere even on 64 bit resource tags:

<resources os="Mac\ OS\ X" arch="i386">
<j2se version="1.6+" java-vm-args="-XstartOnFirstThread -d32" />
<jar href="swt-4.2-cocoa-macosx.jar" />
</resources>

<resources os="Mac\ OS\ X" arch="x86_64">
<jar href="swt-4.2-cocoa-macosx-x86_64.jar" />
</resources>

<resources os="Mac">
<jar href="swt-3.7.2-carbon-macosx.jar" />
</resources>
Previous Topic:Accessibility: Triggering screen reader to read result of an action
Next Topic:Tabbed Properties background (Linux/Ubuntu)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:38:55 GMT 2024