Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Newbie - Observation Console doesn't open in Observation Mode
Newbie - Observation Console doesn't open in Observation Mode [message #1276209] Mon, 24 March 2014 08:34 Go to next message
Viet-Ha Nguyen is currently offline Viet-Ha NguyenFriend
Hi everyone,

I just started to do some tutorials for using Jubula and after connecting to AUT I wanted to start the Obervation Mode. After creating a new Test Case it is said that a Obervation Console should open. It doesn't... Does anyone know why?

Thank you very much in advance!
Re: Newbie - Observation Console doesn't open in Observation Mode [message #1277575 is a reply to message #1276209] Wed, 26 March 2014 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Viet,

It sounds like you've missed some steps - check in the documentation for the steps to begin observing.

I'd also highly recommend doing the cheat sheets (available via the help menu). They'll show you how to create a test case using the library of unbound modules.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Newbie - Observation Console doesn't open in Observation Mode [message #1277598 is a reply to message #1277575] Wed, 26 March 2014 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viet-Ha Nguyen is currently offline Viet-Ha NguyenFriend
Hi Alex,

thank you for your reply!
I checked and rechecked all the steps and I can't find the step I missed. It works with Java swt application. Already did some little tests. I also could map in the swt application but the rcp? Mapping and Observing doesn't work. Could it be something with the AUT connection?

Best regards,
Viet-Ha

Re: Newbie - Observation Console doesn't open in Observation Mode [message #1278667 is a reply to message #1277598] Thu, 27 March 2014 17:18 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Viet,

Based on your description it sounds like the RCP-Accessor isn't correctly running. Check out the section in the user manual on setting up an RCP application for testing - it's in the chapter on "Toolkit information".

Another question - when you start the AUT, does it have e.g. a workspace chooser (if so, you have to choose the workspace as a part of the AUT configuration using -data), and can you see the AUT in the running AUTs view once it is started?

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Custom methods in Jubula
Next Topic:Does each external command happen in its own terminal?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:56:06 GMT 2024