Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » "Launch failed. Binary not found."(Need help figuring out the specifics.)
"Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #1276078] Mon, 24 March 2014 03:54 Go to next message
Nathan Ashley is currently offline Nathan AshleyFriend
Oddly enough I'm receiving the notorious "Launch failed. Binary not found.", and have followed almost every solution accessible via Google though to no success.

For instance I've set the parser to "PE Windows Parser", and have tried building the project (as well as saving it) before running it, though still receive the same message.

Running one of my projects, I received the following in the console:
14:26:56 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project Another Menu Demo ****
Info: Internal Builder is used for build
g++ -O3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o "src\\Main.o" "..\\src\\Main.cpp" 
g++ -o "Another Menu Demo.exe" "src\\Main.o" 
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0xe): undefined reference to `glClear@4'
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0x16): undefined reference to `glFlush@0'
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0x1b): undefined reference to `_imp__glutSwapBuffers@0'
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0x17d): undefined reference to `glClearColor@16'
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0x18c): undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4'
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0x194): undefined reference to `glLoadIdentity@0'
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0x1b7): undefined reference to `gluOrtho2D@32'
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0x1cb): undefined reference to `_imp____glutCreateMenuWithExit@8'
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0x1e2): undefined reference to `_imp__glutAddMenuEntry@8'
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0x224): undefined reference to `_imp__glutAttachMenu@4'
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: src\Main.o: bad reloc address 0x17 in section `.text.unlikely'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

14:26:58 Build Finished (took 1s.114ms)

From first glance, there may be an issue with MinGW, though I'm not entirely sure what to deduce from it.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Sad
Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #1276382 is a reply to message #1276078] Mon, 24 March 2014 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
You have undefined references to a number of things that start with gl. Are you trying to program using Open GL? If so, you need to add the Open GL libraries to your build configuration so that they can be linked to your executable.
Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #1276743 is a reply to message #1276382] Tue, 25 March 2014 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nathan Ashley is currently offline Nathan AshleyFriend
Ah yes, I am trying to program using OpenGL (should've mentioned that earlier). I attempting following the guide at ntu's Programming OpenGL in C/C++ (I can't link it due to an inadequate post count) site and added the freeglut, glu32 and opengl32 libraries, although there are still several undefined references and the bad reloc address remaining.

would you happen to have an idea on what libraries I might be missing (or anything at that)?

11:53:07 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project Another Menu Demo ****
Info: Internal Builder is used for build
g++ -o "Another Menu Demo.exe" "src\\Main.o" -lfreeglut -lglu32 -lopengl32 
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0x1b): undefined reference to `_imp__glutSwapBuffers@0'
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0x1cb): undefined reference to `_imp____glutCreateMenuWithExit@8'
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0x1e2): undefined reference to `_imp__glutAddMenuEntry@8'
src\Main.o:Main.cpp:(.text+0x224): undefined reference to `_imp__glutAttachMenu@4'
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: src\Main.o: bad reloc address 0x17 in section `.text.unlikely'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

11:53:07 Build Finished (took 383ms)
Re: "Launch failed. Binary not found." [message #1481312 is a reply to message #1276743] Thu, 20 November 2014 23:18 Go to previous message
arena market is currently offline arena marketFriend
thanku david wegener
Previous Topic:Luna CDT + Visual Studio Express 2013 (32 bit)
Next Topic:Wrong dependency rule in generated subdir.mk
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:27:58 GMT 2024