Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xtext artifact generation from Ecore model fails when Ecore model refers to another model.
Xtext artifact generation from Ecore model fails when Ecore model refers to another model. [message #1272807] Tue, 18 March 2014 20:50 Go to next message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
Hi. I'm trying to create an Xtext project from an Ecore model which itself references another Ecore model, but when I try to generate the Xtext artifacts, it fails with the following exception (on a minimalistic example, see attached ZIP file):

0    [main] INFO  lipse.emf.mwe.utils.StandaloneSetup  - Registering platform uri '/Users/eposse/Local/Workspace'
68   [main] ERROR mf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher  - Problems instantiating module c.LangC: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.RuntimeException: Problems instantiating module c.LangC: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:95)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:62)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:52)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.run(Mwe2Launcher.java:74)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Launcher.main(Mwe2Launcher.java:35)
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.common.util.WrappedException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.SettingProviderImpl$1$1.setValue(SettingProviderImpl.java:56)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.internalApplyAssignments(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.inCase(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:114)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.PolymorphicDispatcher.invoke(PolymorphicDispatcher.java:291)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.internalSwitch(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.internalApplyAssignments(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:142)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.inCase(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:114)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at org.eclipse.xtext.util.PolymorphicDispatcher.invoke(PolymorphicDispatcher.java:291)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.internalSwitch(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.inCase(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:80)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.Mwe2ExecutionEngine.create(Mwe2ExecutionEngine.java:62)
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.launch.runtime.Mwe2Runner.run(Mwe2Runner.java:93)
	... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe2.language.factory.SettingProviderImpl$1$1.setValue(SettingProviderImpl.java:54)
	... 29 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.ConfigurationException: Couldn't find an interface b.BPackage
	at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils.StandaloneSetup.addRegisterGeneratedEPackage(StandaloneSetup.java:414)
	... 34 more

The minimalistic example contains three projects: a, b and c.

The first (a) contains a single package with a single class A.

The second (b) contains a single package with a class B that inherits from A. I linked a.A via "Right-click -> Load Resource...".

The third (c) contains the Xtext project, created with "New... -> Xtext project from existing Ecore model". The grammar seems mosly correct, except for the line

import "http://b/1.0" 

which causes error. When I replace it with

import "platform:/resource/b/model/b.ecore" 

the errors go away and I get only a warning that the imported package is not in the classpath. Is that what is causing the exception above? If so, how do I add the package to the classpath, or how can I import it otherwise? If it is not the cause, what is, and what could be done?

Thanks.

PS: I'm using Eclipse Kepler SR2 with Modeling Tools, Xtext 2.5.3 and no other plugins on Mac OS X 10.9.
Re: Xtext artifact generation from Ecore model fails when Ecore model refers to another model. [message #1272816 is a reply to message #1272807] Tue, 18 March 2014 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

sorry i cannot reproduce

import "http://b/1.0" works fine if you add the xtext nature to the b project (configure -> add xtext nature)
the existing import works fine too.

(1) use a.genmodel and b.genmodel to generate model code
(2) run the workflow

everything works fine.

Need professional support for Xtext, Xpand, EMF?
Go to: https://www.itemis.com/en/xtext/
Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Xtext artifact generation from Ecore model fails when Ecore mdl refers to another mdl. [SOLVED] [message #1272820 is a reply to message #1272816] Tue, 18 March 2014 21:18 Go to previous message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
Thanks! I realised I had not generated the code from the Ecore models for neither a nor b. After generating the code for them it works. So I'm marking it as solved.
Previous Topic:Cross reference to data type
Next Topic:Error when running mwe2 on xcore-based xtext project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jan 27 20:58:32 GMT 2020