Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Fix for Possible null pointer access
Fix for Possible null pointer access [message #1272571] Tue, 18 March 2014 08:30 Go to next message
Roland Meub is currently offline Roland MeubFriend
I've recently imported the NatTable source into my eclipse workspace and got two compiler errors about 'possible null pointer access'

Of course, this only occurs, when compiler settings for Null analysis are set to emit an error. the default is 'Ignore' but often, its really helpful to avoid those nasty NullPointerExceptions.

However, both possible null pointer accesses are easily to fix and I would like to submit a patch to be integrated into the source repository.

Is this the right place for this ?
I've attached the patch to this message.
Re: Fix for Possible null pointer access [message #1272689 is a reply to message #1272571] Tue, 18 March 2014 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Quote:
Is this the right place for this ?

No, please provide patches via Gerrit. This way you can easily commit and the patches can be reviewed and merged into the repository.
Re: Fix for Possible null pointer access [message #1272700 is a reply to message #1272689] Tue, 18 March 2014 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And to calm NatTable users, the possible null pointer access warnings are in the dataset project and the examples project. So there is no danger in the projects that are used to add NatTable to a customer project.
Re: Fix for Possible null pointer access [message #1286924 is a reply to message #1272700] Mon, 07 April 2014 07:43 Go to previous message
As there is no further activity here, I pushed the proposed changes myself. As the dataset project is not published directly and the examples project is reworked ATM, that should be ok.

Please note that I'm very happy to add contributions from the community to NatTable. You just need to contribute via Gerrit for a clean and simple review process.

Thanks!
Previous Topic:Supported formats
Next Topic:Modifications to tree rendering
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:36:26 GMT 2024