Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » workbench.xmi have no menu and trimbar Contributions from Application.e4xmi if RCP kills.( workbench.xmi have no menu and trimbar Contributions from Application.e4xmi if RCP kills.)
workbench.xmi have no menu and trimbar Contributions from Application.e4xmi if RCP kills. [message #1268889] Tue, 11 March 2014 05:20 Go to next message
Sumit Singh is currently offline Sumit SinghFriend

I'm working on RCP application based on compatibility layer.

In my application I have one main Application.e4xmi and multiple fragment.e4xmi.
Case 1. If I run my application and close it and during close I'm saving the workspace then next time when I'll open it without cleaning the workspace then its work properly.

Case 2: If Application is running and you kill it through task manager or simply by eclipse terminate( if you are running it through eclipse). then next time when you open it you will not see then menus which are contributed by Application.e4xmi

Observation 1: By using live edition I'm seeing that all the menus and trimbars which are contributed by Application.e4xmi are not available in the application.

But other menus which are contributed by fragment.e4xmi are there.

Observation 2: By comparing the ".metadata/plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workspace.xmi" before and after UI messed Up. I found that In messed up workspace.xmi there is no entry for menuContributions which are contributed by Application.e4xmi.

I can use "-persistState false" or "clearPersistedState" but i want my application to open as it was close so this opetion will not help.

Is any thing I'm missing and what is went worng if application is killed.?

[Updated on: Tue, 11 March 2014 05:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: workbench.xmi have no menu and trimbar Contributions from Application.e4xmi if RCP kills. [message #1313392 is a reply to message #1268889] Thu, 24 April 2014 21:36 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

If the application crashes and loses state like you say then the remedy is to call it the next time with the indicated flags.

Best regards,

Wim
Previous Topic:e4 Luna and 3.x RCP Migrations
Next Topic:How to subscribe action.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:08:30 GMT 2024