Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to find calling function
How to find calling function [message #1265965] Thu, 06 March 2014 20:09 Go to next message
Tharpa Roberts is currently offline Tharpa RobertsFriend
By way of comparison, in Visual Studio, if you hit a breakpoint, you can see what function called the one you're in by going to the stack. But in Eclipse, I'm looking in the Debug window, and it does not tell me what function called the one I'm in. I can see that it's part of the main thread, but it doesn't tell me what function called the method I broke on. Is there a way of telling what function called the one that contains a hit breakpoint?
Re: How to find calling function [message #1266113 is a reply to message #1265965] Fri, 07 March 2014 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Have you a picture of this, it's highly irregular from how it sounds. What language are you working with?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: How to find calling function [message #1266473 is a reply to message #1266113] Fri, 07 March 2014 14:02 Go to previous message
Tharpa Roberts is currently offline Tharpa RobertsFriend
Nitin Dahyabhai wrote on Thu, 06 March 2014 20:35
Have you a picture of this, it's highly irregular from how it sounds. What language are you working with?

Java. But, never mind, it turns out that it was just upside down from what I was used to. I was used to having the calling function being on top, so you could read chronologically from top to bottom, but Eclipse has the calling function on the bottom. Problem solved.
Previous Topic:How to display annotations in the "Problems/Errors/Markers" view?
Next Topic:cannot add some eclipse projects to svn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:44:14 GMT 2024