Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » persist or retain view state (persist or retain view state )
persist or retain view state [message #1263648] Tue, 04 March 2014 17:07 Go to next message
manu m is currently offline manu mFriend
I use savestate method to persist view when closed. Ie init (site,memento).the view is restored when I call user defined method from create part control. Which access the memento and restore the tree view. Now I close and reopen the view, again the view is restored to the state it was previously closed. I don't want this othis happen. Once the view is restored and then for subsequent close and open it should not restore from memento. The problem is whenever the init method is called the memento is always there and it always tries to restore from memento.the view must be restored only once.I don't want to use static variable or session variable to remember whether it has restored. Once view is restored on further close and reopen of view it should go for default implementation.
Re: persist or retain view state [message #1266614 is a reply to message #1263648] Fri, 07 March 2014 18:18 Go to previous message
Eric Moffatt is currently offline Eric MoffattFriend

Why not just *not* save any state ? Then there'd be nothing to restore...

Previous Topic:Change title color of unique(dirty) Tab
Next Topic:key binding in e4 RCP application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:25:03 GMT 2024