Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Adding Link/RadioButtons/Labels to Eclipse Plugin Preferences Page
Adding Link/RadioButtons/Labels to Eclipse Plugin Preferences Page [message #1259886] Fri, 28 February 2014 22:37 Go to next message
J S is currently offline J SFriend
Hi,

I have an Eclipse plugin with a description and three text fields.

However, I would like to add a group of three radio buttons that perform specific actions on changing the selected choice. I would also like to have a hyperlink to an information page where people can click it and be directed to their browser for viewing the information.

The library org.eclipse.jface.preference does not seem to contain such classes and functions.

Would it be possible to guide me to the appropriate resources or give me any hints on how to do that using the Eclipse libraries? I would like to have labels, links, buttons, all in the preferences page.

Regards,
Jeremie
Re: Adding Link/RadioButtons/Labels to Eclipse Plugin Preferences Page [message #1262327 is a reply to message #1259886] Mon, 03 March 2014 14:10 Go to previous message
Erika Redmark is currently offline Erika RedmarkFriend
Are you using a FieldEditorPreferencePage? You could probably subclass one of the FieldEditor subclasses appropriate for your preference and override the createControl method to add the radio buttons. It sounds like BooleanFieldEditor might work. Not sure what limitations are available as I have but one preference in my plugin, but you can probably heavily customise the controls of each 'field' to add the hyperlinks and whatnot.

Also, if the javadocs do not tell you as much as you want to know, a quick visit to grepcode has helped me a lot with Eclipse in general.

- Erika
Previous Topic:Correct enabled/disabled widget status at startup?
Next Topic:No Schema Found but it IS in my target
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:22:06 GMT 2024