Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Two Editors but one model - how?
Two Editors but one model - how? [message #208066] Thu, 26 January 2006 08:14 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: mazloumi.uni-mannheim.de

Hi there,

I have a model that consists of two submodels with each submodel
requiring a different graphical representation. Since I don't want
to mix them and also don't want to overload the user I decided
to go for a multipage editor with two tabs. One tab shall contain
the first and the other the second graphical editor but both shall
work on the same model.

Would this be possible and if yes what do I need to do? My current
problem is that if I select the rootpart of the model the graphical
editors display both diagrams at once instead only the portion that
apply to them.

Any idea?

By the way the underlying model I have created using EMF.
Re: Two Editors but one model - how? [message #208084 is a reply to message #208066] Thu, 26 January 2006 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ingo.koch[nospam].sap.com

Have a look in your editor part for the line
graphicalViewer.setContents(...)
Here you set the root object for your editor. Simply set the node of your
submodel.

When both editors work on the same model,
make sure that they work on disjunctive parts of your model.
Otherwise you have to implement some kind of dirty state handling
between both editors (concurrency).

Regards, Ingo




"Nima Mazloumi" <mazloumi@uni-mannheim.de> wrote in message
news:dra0c5$nc2$2@utils.eclipse.org...
> Hi there,
>
> I have a model that consists of two submodels with each submodel
> requiring a different graphical representation. Since I don't want
> to mix them and also don't want to overload the user I decided
> to go for a multipage editor with two tabs. One tab shall contain
> the first and the other the second graphical editor but both shall
> work on the same model.
>
> Would this be possible and if yes what do I need to do? My current
> problem is that if I select the rootpart of the model the graphical
> editors display both diagrams at once instead only the portion that
> apply to them.
>
> Any idea?
>
> By the way the underlying model I have created using EMF.
Re: Two Editors but one model - how? [message #208090 is a reply to message #208084] Thu, 26 January 2006 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: mazloumi.uni-mannheim.de

Hi Ingo.

thx.

> make sure that they work on disjunctive parts of your model.
> Otherwise you have to implement some kind of dirty state handling

in most parts that is the case. The only thing where it's not the
case is that some elements in the one diagram can references others
in the other diagram. So I need to notify removal of referenced elements.
Re: Two Editors but one model - how? [message #208119 is a reply to message #208090] Thu, 26 January 2006 18:39 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: none.us.ibm.com

> in most parts that is the case. The only thing where it's not the
> case is that some elements in the one diagram can references others
> in the other diagram. So I need to notify removal of referenced elements.

The undo scenario for this will be tricky.
Previous Topic:Which Part to be used
Next Topic:rotate figure / GEF rotation support
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Nov 30 05:14:31 GMT 2022

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01655 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top