Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Is it possible to deliver a basic dsl model in the target platform?
Is it possible to deliver a basic dsl model in the target platform? [message #1258945] Thu, 27 February 2014 23:02 Go to next message
Axel Ruder is currently offline Axel RuderFriend
Hi there,

I have developed a dsl and some basic models for this dsl.
I want other users to build on these basic models, but I want to avoid them having to import my source models into their workspace. Is it possible to deliver these basic models as plugins for their target platform.
Whenever I try this, my plugin packaged model elements are not indexed by Xtext.

Is there anything I can do or is this not supported?

Thanks,
Axel
Re: Is it possible to deliver a basic dsl model in the target platform? [message #1259542 is a reply to message #1258945] Fri, 28 February 2014 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi they have to be on the class path of the clients model project

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Is it possible to deliver a basic dsl model in the target platform? [message #1259575 is a reply to message #1258945] Fri, 28 February 2014 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cristiano Politowski is currently offline Cristiano PolitowskiFriend
I have doubts about this too.

Only thing i know is that you need the XTEXT installed plus your plugin to run the editor.
Re: Is it possible to deliver a basic dsl model in the target platform? [message #1262029 is a reply to message #1259542] Mon, 03 March 2014 07:28 Go to previous message
Axel Ruder is currently offline Axel RuderFriend
Hi,

thanks for the hint!
Actually my basic models were on the client classpath, but the client models themselves were not in a Java source folder and moving them to one actually solved the problem.

However, somehow the dsl generator is now invoked on all models now (including the basic models) in the client model project and not in their own projects.
It doesn't really hurt, but it is weird, since it isn't like this if the basic model projects are imported into the client workspace.

Axel
Previous Topic:Quickfix with model modification in different resource
Next Topic:XText grammar with variable token terminators & embedded grammars
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:09:53 GMT 2024