Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Uninstall or fix Hudson on Linux(Having trouble uninstalling Hudson)
Uninstall or fix Hudson on Linux [message #1255794] Mon, 24 February 2014 20:43 Go to next message
Ron Bets is currently offline Ron BetsFriend
Hi there. I am a Hudson newbie, so be forewarned that the question may seem overly simple to most of you.

I had installed Hudson on a Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 system for the purpose of playing around with it, which was going fine. Eventually I inadvertently (OK, completely on purpose, but without any understanding of the implications) enabled security and restricted operations to logged in users. Having not configured any users, I now don't seem to be able to do anything at all other than look at the build logs for the test builds I ran earlier.

I have tried uninstalling ('sudo /etc/init.d/hudson stop' followed by 'sudo yum remove hudson') and reinstalling, but the old config seems to be sticky. Is there a trick to completely removing Hudson from the system so that I can do a fresh install as if I were starting from scratch?

Ron
Re: Uninstall or fix Hudson on Linux [message #1256710 is a reply to message #1255794] Tue, 25 February 2014 18:19 Go to previous message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Installation is separate from where Hudson configuration is kept. The configurations are at HUDSON_HOME. Unless set via environment variable or JDK system property it is at ~/.hudson. You can remove the hudson-security.xml and restart Hudson to setup security again.

Tip: Use "Any one can do anything" authorization until you finish setting up the Authentication Realm and then switch Authorization to preferred mode. I would recommend "Team based Authorization"

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Previous Topic:SvnTag plugin doesn't support Release plugin?
Next Topic:parameterized-trigger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:32:16 GMT 2024