Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » status bar + infinitest obscures text position
status bar + infinitest obscures text position [message #1248939] Mon, 17 February 2014 20:30 Go to next message
mike rodent is currently offline mike rodentFriend
Hi,

I'm not that much of a newcomer... but I recently started using Infinitest.

This has a very wide indicator bar in Eclipse's status bar.

The other 3 components in the status bar are (usually) the words "Writable", "Insert" and the line number and character position (of the cursor).

Unfortunately, in a good display on my screen, although there is plenty of room for all 4 elements, the status bar does not extend all the way to the right, meaning that the line number + character pos are hidden. I have to make the screen wider than I want to make them visible again. They are the only things of the 4 elements I'm interested in (altho occasionally the Infinitest bar).

Annoyingly it seems it is not possible to configure the Eclipse status bar, or to modify the way the Infinitest indicator bar. Nor, it appears, is there any way to make sure the display area of the status bar extends all the way to the right.

Can anyone suggest 1) anything I might do to configure the status bar or Infinitest indicator 2) know if I can make the font in the status bar smaller so that everything takes up less space 3) alter some obscure Eclipse setting somewhere to tweak this.

In particular it seems a bit bonkers that the status bar won't extend all the way to the right of the Eclipse window...
Re: status bar + infinitest obscures text position [message #1249220 is a reply to message #1248939] Tue, 18 February 2014 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

It's possible that something's reserved space there. It's hard to tell without a screencap of the workbench window.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: status bar + infinitest obscures text position [message #1249445 is a reply to message #1249220] Tue, 18 February 2014 09:00 Go to previous message
mike rodent is currently offline mike rodentFriend
thanks for the reply...

your wish is my command: have made 2 screen shots (squashed, not squashed)... but I can't send them by a URL as I don't have an online place... could I possibly send them somehow by email? you might want to reply to

Previous Topic: log file automatically created when open eclipse
Next Topic:Which forum for D Language DDT questions?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:59:33 GMT 2024