Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » No CSS styling in exported Eclipse RCP product(When exporting an RCP application, CSS styling is not applied. It works in testing mode from Eclipse, however)
No CSS styling in exported Eclipse RCP product [message #1245249] Thu, 13 February 2014 14:16 Go to next message
Michael Jaeger is currently offline Michael JaegerFriend
After reading a lot about CSS styling I still could not find the solution to my problem. Is is the following: I have an application that I developed with Eclipse 4.1. Since Eclipse 4.2 had some error that was a showstopper for me, I waited for Eclipse 4.3. Now I moved everything to this version and all works like a champ -- except for CSS styling when exportin the product (which worked fine, however).

I am using static styling:

plugin.xml:
<property
 name="applicationCSS"
 value="platform:/plugin/plugin-id/css/default.css">
</property>

The file is exported in the respective JAR but when I start the exported application (on Linux and Windows), the CSS styling is not being applied.

After hours of searching and also trying themes (without success), I simply renamed the setting in plugin.xml to:

<property
 name="applicationCSS"
 value="platform:/plugin/plugin-id/css/default.css1">
</property>

where the file "default.css1" does not exist. When I start the application in Eclipse IDE I get an error message in the log. When I start the exported application, however, no error message can be found in the log. So I am assuming, that CSS styling is not used at all.

No, I am rather desperate. Has anybody an idea what else I can try?
Re: No CSS styling in exported Eclipse RCP product [message #1245986 is a reply to message #1245249] Fri, 14 February 2014 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silviu Silaghi is currently offline Silviu SilaghiFriend
Did you include the CSS file into the build.properties file for that respective plugin?
Re: No CSS styling in exported Eclipse RCP product [message #1263160 is a reply to message #1245249] Tue, 04 March 2014 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quang Tran is currently offline Quang TranFriend
Hi,
take a look at this post:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1016153/?srch=AbstractCSSEngine#msg_1016153

I had the same problem and fixed it by patching the class AbstractCSSEngine, I think there exist also a Bug in the Eclipse Bugzilla but can't find it anymore
Re: No CSS styling in exported Eclipse RCP product [message #1264584 is a reply to message #1263160] Wed, 05 March 2014 10:38 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
CSS in build.properties should fix this.
Previous Topic:Prevent messages when plugging fragment contribution to IDE
Next Topic:Handler can not search desired class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:04:18 GMT 2024