Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Eclipse RCP BIRT WebViewer PDF Broken(HTML, XLS, and Word reports launch fine, but PDF doesn't work.)
Eclipse RCP BIRT WebViewer PDF Broken [message #1244690] Wed, 12 February 2014 18:55 Go to next message
Stephen Tague is currently offline Stephen TagueFriend
I have an RCP application that uses the BIRT WebViewer to launch birt reports and all seems to be working for HTML, DOC, and XLS reports, but PDF launches the window and only shows a black icon with an X in it. If I launch my report as HTML and then export it to PDF it works, and if I right click the window --> properties and grab the URL and paste that into IE or Chrome then the report loads.

I am using BIRT 4.3.1 through Eclipse RCP Kepler. I already had problems with IE11 and viewing the other reports but that was solved by adding the following to the launch configuration of my product:
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=ie,mozilla
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.IEVersion=7000

We are (essentially) launching the report like this:

String reportPath = getValidReportPath(reportParentDir, reportName);

HashMap<String, Serializable> viewerParameters = new HashMap<String, Serializable>();
viewerParameters.put(WebViewer.SERVLET_NAME_KEY, WebViewer.VIEWER_FRAMESET);
viewerParameters.put(WebViewer.FORMAT_KEY, WebViewer.PDF);

Display display = new Display();
Shell shell = new Shell(display, SWT.SHELL_TRIM); 
shell.setText("BIRT Report: ");
shell.setLayout(new FillLayout());

Browser browser = new Browser(shell, SWT.NONE);

// Launch report
WebViewer.display(reportPath, browser, viewerParameters);

shell.open()
;

Re: Eclipse RCP BIRT WebViewer PDF Broken [message #1245405 is a reply to message #1244690] Thu, 13 February 2014 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A bit more info on this issue:

It turns out that this issue is present in Internet Explorer 10/11 but does not manifest in IE9. I tried setting the
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.IEVersion=9000
OR
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.IEVersion=9999
in the program arguments under the launching tab of my .product file to no avail. It seems to persist beyond this setting which indicates that either those settings don't work on IE11 or something else is not allowing the PDF through.

I tried turning off the "Enhanced Protection Mode" in the Internet Options --> Advanced tab, but the problem seems to persist.

I tried turning off the "Enable Protected Mode" in the Internet Options --> Security tab, but the problem seems to persist.

I made sure that the "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" setting was not checked in the Internet Options --> Advanced tab, but the problem seems to persist.

Re: Eclipse RCP BIRT WebViewer PDF Broken [message #1245955 is a reply to message #1245405] Fri, 14 February 2014 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this the correct forum for this issue? Should I be logging a bug with the BIRT team? The silence is deafening.
Re: Eclipse RCP BIRT WebViewer PDF Broken [message #1249679 is a reply to message #1245955] Tue, 18 February 2014 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump.
Re: Eclipse RCP BIRT WebViewer PDF Broken [message #1252733 is a reply to message #1249679] Fri, 21 February 2014 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump.
Re: Eclipse RCP BIRT WebViewer PDF Broken [message #1274551 is a reply to message #1244690] Fri, 21 March 2014 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See here for solution: http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/33543-eclipse-rcp-webviewer-pdf-broken/
Re: Eclipse RCP BIRT WebViewer PDF Broken [message #1282305 is a reply to message #1274551] Wed, 02 April 2014 05:17 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Sorry that nobody got to your question. I'm happy to see that you figured it out! Smile

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:XLS Tribix Birt 4.3
Next Topic:[solved] invoking script elsewhere then in charts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:04:22 GMT 2024