Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Pre-requisites for multi-edit(pressing F2) feature to work for the text cell editors
Pre-requisites for multi-edit(pressing F2) feature to work for the text cell editors [message #1244301] Wed, 12 February 2014 06:18 Go to next message
Shruthi SA is currently offline Shruthi SAFriend
Hi Dirk,

I have text cell editors in the Nat table. Now, when I select multiple cells and attempt to press F2, multi-edit feature doesn't work. I have also used the EditConfigAttribute SUPPORT_MULTI_EDIT.

So, please help me out finding the missing link here. I mean, what are the pre-requisites that I have to provide to see this feature working.

Thanks Smile
Shruthi
Re: Pre-requisites for multi-edit(pressing F2) feature to work for the text cell editors [message #1244519 is a reply to message #1244301] Wed, 12 February 2014 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
How does your composition look like? Do you use a GridLayer and the linked DefaultEditBindings?

In the default configuration there is a key binding for pressing F2. This will check the SelectionLayer to determine whether multiple cells are selected and if a multi edit dialog should be opened. So in that case there are no further pre-requisites.

If you have another composition or a different configuration, I'm not sure how I could help without further information.
Re: Pre-requisites for multi-edit(pressing F2) feature to work for the text cell editors [message #1244957 is a reply to message #1244519] Thu, 13 February 2014 04:58 Go to previous message
Shruthi SA is currently offline Shruthi SAFriend
Thanks Dirk for the quick reply Smile

Earlier in my implementation, the laying out of layers had some problem. Now, I followed the example and tried using the GridLayer and the associated DefaultEditBindings.

Now, the multi-edit feature works Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 13 February 2014 04:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Working with the SummaryRowLayer and TreeLayer
Next Topic:Release repository is down?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:24:46 GMT 2024