|Proposed improvement to Eclipse [message #1242353]
||Sun, 09 February 2014 11:46
| Chee Ng
Registered: February 2014
I loved Eclipse for many reasons, but as much as I loved it I hate it for some other reasons, which I'm looking forward to a fix/ solve, but there's none.|
I then sit down and think about it and I think Eclipse could be a better tools with following features:
1. We need a better MarketPlace:
- the current marketplace sucks, let's face it, update/ install package still could be a pain in the ass ... why can't we have something like Apple App Store
- where updates/ install are easy and nice in one convenient place
- accept Single SignOn for Market Place, like Google Account/ Facebook etc, to keep track of my install and updates, so don't need to look for my favorite plugins again and again every new platform I go (since portability is one of Eclipse's biggest advantage over other IDE)
- let us (plugin developer) make money
2. Eclipse is too power hungry, slow and very memory hungry.
- can we just by default asking Java to allocate more memory to it (512MB or 1GB), since machine nowadays have abundance of memory
3. I think we could have some touch up on the UI
- I know we are developers, but we deserve more user-friendly ways to use IDE, please revise our UI ... dockers and stuffs are so un-conveniently in place. I think Xcode did it very well. I think perspective all are quite confusing after all (may be it's a good idea, but Eclipse could do better in bringing this concept out).
I can contribute in whatever way I can ... Thanks ... and Cheers!
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02916 seconds