Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to connect to remote osgi container using -Dosgi.console vm arg(using -Dosgi.console argument to access osgi console)
How to connect to remote osgi container using -Dosgi.console vm arg [message #1241438] Sat, 08 February 2014 00:22
suhasini jeyakumar is currently offline suhasini jeyakumarFriend
I am trying to access the osgi console of eclipse container in remote machine which is used to run automated test suites. We use ant to run the unit tests in test agents. Below is the ant taks we are using. I found out that i need to add this command line argument to make the remote agent listen to the port specified."-Dosgi.console=8005". I ran the script but it is not stopping saying"listening to 8005". i was able to successfully remote debug this agent but i need osgi console view to debug the bundles that got installed in the agent. Did i place the argument in the correct position? Does it have to be in any order? Any help is appreciated. i do not understand why it never worked.

<java dir="${basedir}" classname="org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main" fork="true" classpathref="equinox.launcher.class.path">
<arg line="-application org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime.uitestapplication -data ${tempWorkspace} -dev bin -testlistener org.eclipse.test.XMLTestListener -clean -port ${pde.test.port} -testpluginname ${testrunner.plugin.name} -classnames ${master.testsuite.name}"/>
<jvmarg value="-Xbootclasspath/a:${project.root}/lib/External/Clover/clover.jar"/>
<jvmarg value="-XX:MaxPermSize=256m" />
<jvmarg value="-Xms512m"/>
<jvmarg value="-Xmx1280m"/>
<jvmarg value="-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.http.port=2910"/>
<jvmarg value="-Dxcp.builder.testsuite.testplugins=xxxx.tests"/>
<jvmarg value="-Dosgi.console=8005"/>
<jvmarg value="-Xdebug"/>
<jvmarg value="-Xnoagent"/>
<jvmarg value="-Djava.compiler=NONE"/>
<jvmarg value="-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8000"

[Updated on: Sat, 08 February 2014 00:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:impossible to use eclipse-jee-kepler-SR1-macosx-cocoa-x86_64 on my mac book pro
Next Topic:Installing Amzi plugin broke eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:58:45 GMT 2024